Manc Seeks Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by tricky_trombone, Nov 1, 2005.

1. I have recently moved to Whitstable in Kent, and am looking for a close band that can accomodate me. I play Trombone as a rule, though also dabble on drums, and wouldnt mind getting my lip (and fingers) in on a baritone or euphonium. I also taught Denton Brass juniors for two years, and have conducted the band on a few occasions. I generally work Friday nights and Saturdays, other work time is flexible. I have no instruments of my own, though have a few wooden spoons as drum sticks!! :D

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Band
    juniors
    Denton Brass
    spoons
    Manc
  3. vonny

vonny Member

Tricky...

How come you have moved to Kent?

Yvonne x

4. reply to yvonne

I moved to Kent to complete my MA in History at UKC, should be down here for two years, as I'm also doing youthwork in the area. Hopefully have my personal details filled in on here soon. Matt

5. Bungle

Bungle Member

Having moved from from Kent to Sussex I can recommend a few bands. If you are willing to drive a bit up the M2 try BAE systems (who I used to play for), KM Medway or KM concert brass. Alan Morrison is doing a concert with BAE on the 26th of November if you want to go and judge the standard.

http://www.harrogate.co.uk/harrogate-band/indexlk9.htm gives a list of bands by county