Managerial crisises

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Masterblaster jnr, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

A recent trend has meant that there has been a few managerial switch rounds.

Who do you think will be the new manager for those clubs i.e England, Birmingham City, Wigan...
  2. David Mann

David Mann Member

I'd like to rule myself out of the England manager's job as well as the sop seat at Briggus.:biggrin:
  3. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

One of the more popular rumours seems to be Jose Mourhino for the England job. Sounds like a plan to me.
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

- more like a wish, rather than reality though! It was on one of the news programmes that his 'friends' said he wasn't interested. What about the ex-Brazilian coach they tried (and failed) to get before?
  5. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

What about Jose for the Soprano spot at Briggus, and Peter Roberts for the England job? :biggrin:
  6. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

True. But it doesn't hurt to live in hope.
  7. Masterblaster jnr

Do you mean Phil Scolari
  8. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

That's the dude! I have just read that he is going to stay with Portugal, at least, until after the European Championship Finals. Makes sense ... they qualified!
  9. Masterblaster jnr

Alex McGleish could be a possibility too could he not, if he doesn't end up at birmingham
  10. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

I still think Terry Butcher would be a good choice. Bryan Robson could also be a consideration.
  11. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Capello seems to be the new favourite for the England job. Personally, I'm not convinced (in the same way I wasn't about Moanrinho). Neither of them has any experience of managing a national side, and it's a different set of skills.

You don't have your players 5/6 days a week, you only get them 3 or 4 days before the game, and you don't have a chairman with lots of money to bail you out if things go wrong. You have to make do with the players you have.

Yes, you can argue that some of the England players are amongst the best in the world (Terry, Gerrard, Rooney (but NOT Lampard!), but they haven't played like a team for a very long time now. They play like a bunch of spoiled young men who have too much money, and too much free time.

Personally, I would like to see Scolari in the post, but he won't be available until next summer at the earliest. Failing that, I think Klinsman would be a good best. He managed to unite a fairly lacklustre and divided German squad for the World Cup, and they achieved far more than they should have done. He has also played in the Premiership and has an appreciation of the pace and style of the league, which is something that can't be said of Cappello.

On top of that, he was never afraid to poke fun at himself (and I'd pay good money to be sat amongst a certain section of the popular press when a German was announced as the next England manager!).
  12. Masterblaster jnr

Well Capello's got that job then.

Pleased we have an experienced manager, but not pleased about his plans for an all italian coaching squad