Man City...you made my day!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Heather, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Heather

Heather Member

As a past Manchester City season ticket holder and a mad Man City fan I have had a fantastic day today!!!!! Whooay!!! Up the Sky Blues!

2. andyp

andyp Active Member

yeah it's very amusing........but my boss is a Man City fan......so he will be unbearable tomorrow!

3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Weird one for me, because again I see Man U as the only team who can stop boring boring Chelski buying another title (Cmon Liverpool and Arsenal, it's about time you were a likely candidate again), so I want them to do well (much against my usual trend of hating everything Man U related) but despite this feeling I still take an immense amount of pleasure in seeing them get beaten, especially by Man City, and that's also despite me hating Man City ever since they beat Huddersfield 10-1 all those painful years ago.

Was a terrific came tho, and nail biting to the end. Was it just me that thought Man U didn't seem as likely to score in the last minute yesterday as they usually do?

4. Heather

Heather Member

Yeah, I know what you mean.
    I fully expected Utd to score at least one goal in the last 2 minutes like they normally do ... but as it got into the last 10 mins I didn't think it looked likely at all. Luckily I was right!!!!

5. Bungle

Bungle Member

As the city fans get so much stick it was good to see them win.

Sven for England manager

6. dyl

dyl Active Member

[​IMG]

:biggrin:

7. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

Not quite sure what you're getting at here! Man Utd have spent a lot more than Chelsea this summer, as have Liverpool. Hopefully this year it will be a bit more interesting with teams like Blackburn, Newcastle and Villa maybe upsetting a few!

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I know I know, but I still haven't got over their initial ridiculous buying spree of "Ooh, he's a good player and we can't let him play there, so we'll buy him and let him spend his career on the bench!".

Anyone can put a winning team together when a billionaire steps in with bottomless pockets.