Malton Entertainment Contest 2007

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by Terrible Timp, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Terrible Timp

Terrible Timp Member

With Pontins out of the way the next event on the calender is Malton Entertainment Contest which takes place in the Milton Rooms, in Malton (suprisingly) a week on Sunday (18th November), we (The Emley) will be there in section B (3/4 Section Contest)

Who else is going ???

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Malton
    The Emley
    Malton Entertainment Contest
    Pontins
    Section Contest
  3. leisa

leisa Active Member

yorkshire coop are there :-D 1st section

4. sudcornet

sudcornet Member

I'll be there....wagging for Swinton this year (B Section).

5. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'd heard a sad rumour there was only 2 top section bands going? if this is true it must be time for a re-shuffle. Why not put Unregistered & 4th, 3 & 2 and 1 and Top together, as it stands you've gotta have a blooming amazing 2nd section band to even fancy your chances against the real big boys!

6. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

Bandsmen have been suggesting your idea for years Garry. One day it may happen but don't hold your breath

7. JR

JR Member

...but Lockwood (then in the 2nd) got 2nd prize and best soloist 2 years ago!
    Pity fewer "bigger" bands go nowadays - they used to - Rothwell, Dodworth, British Steel Teesside, EYMS etc used to be regular attenders, all of whom were in the Grand Shield at the time.

John R

8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

It's still pretty rare that it happens tho, the vast majority of 2nd section bands wouldn't stand a chance of anything at all unless the champ bands stayed away.

9. a very flat b

a very flat b Member

A lot of the bigger bands, I think are put off by the organisation. A couple of years ago when Lockwood got second the contest was about an hour behind by the time the 'top' section was going on. And you can't mess these bands around like that.

10. JR

JR Member

malton..

..sorry, just one more thing, strictly speaking it's not an "Entertainment" contest, just a "programme". Judging is closed.

JR

11. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Are Lockwood there again this year John? And yep, I remember that year, the band were exceptional and deserved to be right up there. I know Co-op are one of the top section bands going.

And yep, it's a concert programme contest, although with such tight stage i'm not sure an open adj. would lead to too much ambition!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Malton
    The Emley
    Malton Entertainment Contest
    Pontins
    Section Contest
  13. JR

JR Member

14. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

I have heard a whisper that Kirkbymoorside are going?

15. leisa

leisa Active Member

i think kirkby are the other top sec band going apart from us

16. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

17. Bobbi's girl

Bobbi's girl Member

also clashes with Wilkinson Contest at St Helens - organisers need to check out other contests on calendar when setting dates!

18. killer

killer Member

South Milford are there so its all about who gets 2nd place

19. flugelman

flugelman Member

Oh dear do you never learn Killer?

20. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

Killer killer killer -- Didnt you say that on Sunday???

Get back to your cookery books, high winged collars and Young Ones routines.
    Welcome to tmp you folically challenged optimist.

and if you mention the Malton incident I'll tell them all about One Voice.

21. flugelman

flugelman Member

Well Killer you were right it is all about who gets secoond place. Shame it was us at South Milford. I thought we played well though and thoroughly deserved a prize.

Not sure we deserved best Euphonium though.Having said that Ivan is a helluva a player!

Well done to all prize winners today

22. killer

killer Member

Yeh South Milford deserved higher but 2nd will do for now. Bring on Darlo because that will be all about who gets 2nd place. Before i forget my uncle Roy certainly knows class when he hears it !!!!!

Before i go
    Thanks Jude for all your help over the last couple of month.

Killer