Malton Brass 2005

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by manx_yessir, Nov 5, 2005.

1. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

Anyone going to Malton Entertainment Contest tomorrow? We (Emley - Ave It) will be there, competing in Class 'B'. Just look out for the coach full of banana munchers :cool:
  2. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Yes, I hear you're playing some good stuff - will try to catch your performance if I can get there in time. Harrogate are playing later.

erm....have it!

3. Valvecap

Valvecap Member

COME ON HARROGATE!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I am biased or anything... ;-)
  4. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Congratulations to a very excited andrew and emley brass
  5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

As a borrowed player for the mighty Emley today we wiped the floor in Section B (almost)!!!!!!
    Band won overall, Best Bass section, Best bass section on the march and most versatile percussion.
    'AVE IT! ;)

Band were superb, Rachel the flugel soloist was amazing, basses (who kept telling us all night) were stunning and the band was fantastic!

Had a brilliant day, Mr Hallas is a's to Emley going up and up :guiness
  6. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

you can leave your socks on!

well ive never played with the Emley before, but i will again.

oh my head!!

flippin Norah, ive got a concert in the morning, with uni band!

anyways, well done guys, ill see you same time and place next year :)

kel x
  7. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

:clap: Congratulations Emley!! Heard that a certain 2nd man down did a cracking job as 1st man down!!!! :tongue: :clap:
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Malton Class B Champions!!....Champions!!!....Oh yes, we're the Malton Class B Champions!!!... (Can you tell we don't normally win anything yet?!?!?)...Champions!!!....:biggrin: :biggrin: :tongue: :terrier

Well done EVERYBODY who played with the Emley yesterday...everybody we spoke to before and after the results had us down as winners (or up there in the results at least) and I thought we played a blinder!!
    Yet again we've taken a number of 3rs section scalps and, as the points show, by some margin!! (2 clear points over 2nd place!).

Boy that felt good to be able to cheer my flippin head off as we scooped 4 prizes!! It's not happened that often before but here's to many more times to come hopefully!! What a day!

Best Basses in the march, Best Basses overall (well done guys - you rocked!! :clap: ), Most versatile percussion (Go on Drew - the gimp on the timp!! :clap: ), and Class B Champions!! WOOHOO!!!! :eek:

Shutting up now, my throat hurts!! :D :D
  9. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Well done!!! :clap:

Not suprised by the result and couldn't happen to a better set of people.

Now go and do the bizz at the areas next year!!!

Ave it!
  10. manx_yessir

manx_yessir Member

:woo Woo Hoo!! What a fantastic day!! Yesterday was the first time I've EVER been in the winning band and boy oh boy did it feel GOOD!! :biggrin: :clap:

Well done to everyone, especially the deps we had to bring in to cover holidays, work etc - Tim, Russ, Ian (Beaker), Kelly (Kate The Horn), and Chris (Cornet King) :clap:

AVE IT!!

:clap: :p :woo :metal: :clap:
  11. Jen

Jen New Member

OH MY GOD!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

That was fantastic!!! :wow

The percs were brill and the basses......what can I say?:woo

They don't get it at work - how can I be so happy on a Monday? :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ave It!!

:woo :woo :woo
  12. 2nd man down

Ha ha...I have a HUGE smile on my face!! My work mates don't get it either!!!
  13. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Full results here ------> Malton Results

Well done to Emley & Stocksbridge BUT a special well done to South Milford - an excellent result and a great bunch of people.

You deserve it!!! :clap:
  14. 2nd man down

Yeah, I spoke to Richard Wilton in the pub just before the results were given out and he said they'd played their hearts out and deserved something from the day. Good to see them get the win because he was dead proud of them all. :clap:
  15. BassBoneShep

BassBoneShep Member

Just to try to add some balance congrats must go to all bands who competed. whilst it is lovely to be a winner spare a thought for the other bands who probably belived in their performance to the extent they thought they should have won and also put in a lot of time and effort to be there on the day.
    Overall a good contest and good standard of playing from all sections.
  16. 2nd man down

Sorry, yes...just got carried away with the moment there. :clap:

Well done to all who competed yesterday.
  17. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Also what did bands play? What was the format? test piece, own choice or just march and hymn?
  18. 2nd man down

You have to fill 20 minutes (give or take 2 mins) on stage with an entertaining program that includes a stand up solo and a march.

We played;
    Orfeo (Fanfare)
    All creatures Great and Small
    How great thou art (Flugel solo)
    Castell Coch (March)
    Teddy bears picnic (the men sang, the timp bear growled and it went down a storm!)
    Battle hymn of the republic (Dixieland version) to finish.
  19. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Agreed - it's a fantastic contest. Well organised and fun to watch. I have some great memories of playing there over the years and it was fun to be involved again yesterday.

Well done to all bands. (looks like just about everybody managed to stay within the time constraints which isn't always easy) :p
  20. catherine_S

catherine_S Member

Hear, Hear! Well done indeed. It was a great day for all. 1 tiny gripe - perhaps the planned timings between bands could be a bit more generous - it's not really practicable to get a band on and a band off with their percussion in three minutes:) which meant that things did get to run later and later as the day progressed. However.....

Special congrats to Elmley's basses! :clap: Look after that trophy and don't let it stand idle in the trophy cupboard - it needs using:p We'll expect it back in Malton a week or so before Malton Brass 2006 at Suddaby's Crown Hotel, (if you don't hear from me by beginning of October - start nagging for a date) so that we can all drink to Andy's memory again! Hopefully Elmley, Swinton and Stape will be joined by Lockwood and Wetherby (previous winners) and of course anyone else who cares to join us!