Malton Brass 2004 - RESULTS

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by P. Sanderson, Nov 7, 2004.

1. P. Sanderson

P. Sanderson Member

CLASS 'C' - Ungraded Bands

1st Golcar (John Clay) 168
    2nd Northallerton Silver (Jaqui Crilly) 167
    3rd Thurcroft Training Band (Phillip Dickens) 165

Best March - Golcar

CLASS 'B' 3rd & 4th Section Bands

1st Lockwood Brass (John Roberts) 184
    2nd Barrow Concert (A Garbutt) 179
    3rd Billingham Silver (Vaughan Evans) 178

Lockwood also won Best Soloist, Best Basses in the March, Most versatile Percussion, Best Bass section overall.

Class A Champ, 1st & 2nd section bands

1st Cottingham (G Walker) 189
    2nd Chapeltown (Ian Scott) 188
    3rd Kirkbymoorside Town (John Woodward) 187

Cottingham also won the Best March, Best Basses in the March and Best Soloist.
    Wetherby won the Most versatile percussion prize.
    Kirkbymoorside won the Best Ryedale Band in Class A (This trophy is awarded to different a section each year).

The points for every band will be available on Later.
  2. bestsection

bestsection Member

Congratulations to all the prize winners, especially Golcar who are happily enjoying a resurgence. Anyone know what the bands played?
  3. Euphliz

Euphliz New Member

Well done Golcar!!!! You played Fab, and you deserved to win!! Keep up the good work!!!!

4. P. Sanderson

P. Sanderson Member

I was too busy back stage to get the list of music played, but I wiil try and get one for later in the week.
  5. The Cornet King

The Cornet King Active Member

I can tell you what Cottingham played, winners of Class A. :D

We played:

The Contestor, It dont mean a thing, Pavane, Musetta (sop solo), Sir Duke, Swedish Folk Song.
  6. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I can tell you that TCK has now sobered up!

Well played everyone - wish I could have heard a few performances but that's the problem with a late draw I guess.

Thanks to Cott for their support over the last few months and keeping my seat when I was injured - not many bands would show that much faith in a new member. Also thanks to the rest of the front row for overing me when I mimed all of Sir Duke!!!!

Moral of this tale is: Don't attempt to play when injured!!!!

Rach x