Making a C.D

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by David Pegram, Mar 28, 2005.

1. David Pegram

David Pegram Member

My band is looking into making a C.D. Can anyone advise me of a good company to contact, i would prefer it if you have had 1st hand knowledge or contact.
  2. NeilW

NeilW Member

You might persuade Dave Bate to help you: he recorded / engineered one for Stonesfield. I know he's interested in doing others and is pretty local...

You can contact him via the website - he can probably also supply you with the details of who made the CDs up.

3. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

I've not had first hand knowledge but a recording company registered on tMP yesterday - take a look:

4. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Doyen Recordings:Nick Childs
  5. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

I'm sure that we've been here before on this subject and I again mention B & H Sound.
    telephone; 01733 223535 and speak to Niki Seager
  6. tsawyer

tsawyer Member

7. Exiled_Tyke

Exiled_Tyke New Member

We had Doyen down last weekend - they were very professional & the atmosphere was very relaxed - not heard the finished result yet but enjoyed the recording session!
  8. backrowbloke

backrowbloke Member

Try Harlequin recording....I've done 3 Cd's with them with various bands and doing another in 3 weeks.
  9. Scotty

Scotty Member

Worked with doyen twice and with BH sound once before christmas - both very professional and good at what they do. Out of both i prefer BH - Brian Hilson is superb!
  10. Flugelmahorn

Flugelmahorn Member

Agreed, I've heard similar glowing reports of Brian Hilson