Major theMouthPiece.com announcement.......

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by TheMusicMan, Jan 24, 2003.

?

Are you interested in taking part in tMP.com event? Friday 21st November 2003

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stephen2001

stephen2001 Member

Any further updates??

Tis a week past the 31st July, & I'm eager to know more :wink: :wink:

2. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

In the process of getting material together at the moment Stephen..
    All will be revealed!

3. IckleSop

IckleSop Active Member

Well cant blame the boy for the intrest!!

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Stephen.....

My mistake sorry.... we wanted to get some information together and post details at this time - but when we first planned for this date we didn't appreciate that we (tMP Team) might be away from tMP and on holidays etc... presently we have three of us away - myself included!

Thanks for your interest in this event though, and we will be meeting within the next few weeks to get additional information out to you & everyone else...

John

5. Di B

Di B Member

I would still be interested in playing... pref euph but if necessary baritone. If we are looking at doing this for Children in Need, I have one other question...... has anyone considered contacting the guiness book of records and see if there is a record for a massed BRASS band??? Might pull off even more publicity??? Just a thought - soz if its already been mentioned!

6. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

I seem to remember that Songs of Praise tried for the record a year or so ago, but didn't make it. I'm pretty certain it is quite a massive number needed!

7. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

They also tried for the record at Chester-le-Street Riverside Park (Durhams Cricket Ground) a few weeks ago. I don't know how many turned up but I can't see it being many. The idiots held it the day after Durham Miners Gala so most of the players in this area would have been in no fit state to turn up

8. TIMBONE

TIMBONE Active Member

I once played the WILLIAM TELL OVERTURE with 30 trombones

9. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Sounds like fun, but alas we are doing Aylesbury contest that day :(

10. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

We're at Aylesbury too! See ya there.

11. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

We're hoping to do what we did last year, 2nd and Open sections. We had a good result last year 6th in the second :( and then 2nd in the open :D that was a suprise! we had a few after that one!.

12. jo

jo Member

missed the poll but would love to play (time off work dependant) if you need any more shed builders :)

13. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Sorry Guys a bit late but the poll has been removed... A whopping 93% (58 people) of you that answered the poll were interested in taking part the event. This is great news!

Now just a little update to let you all know what is going on!!! We are currently confirming details with the BBC. Our first choice for location is the Pebble Mills Studios in Birmingham for the 21st November owing to it's central locality and good transport access.

Keep your eyes closely fixed on this thread as we shall soon be releasing the 'tMP event information pack' for interested parties to download.

14. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

To try and make it easier for everyone to keep up with the information for the tMP event. I have locked all other threads discussing it and linked them all to here. I suggest you bookmark this thread and have a look at it every so often that way you are sure you do not miss out!

Sparkly

15. Jo Elson

Jo Elson Member

First time I have seem this thread so save my tired little eyes can someone please give me a synopsis of what it's all about. (I hate to miss out on something fun!!!) :D

16. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Just become aware of this project,
    I'll play if I'm any help!!

Back row cornet/Percussion?

17. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Quick synobsis:

Playing on TV to raise money for charity.

Friday, November 21st 2003. (Children in Need)

The Mouthpiece.com Band

BBC TV, Birmingham (hopefully)

:wink:

18. timbloke

timbloke Member

I've not read through any of this so i don't know who's organising it or anything and if it has been organised, but if you need any help, my brother works for BBC in birmingham and i'm sure could provide any assisstance. thought i'd let you know in case you need to. but sounds to me like you've got it all sorted.

19. tubatu

tubatu Member

I've had an idea for the Children in Need concert, how about playing The Floral Dance with Terry Wogan singing along! :lol:

20. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

How about playing the Floral Dance WITHOUT Terry Wogan singing along.

Seriously though, it's ideas like this that could clinch the deal with the Beeb (or not as the case may be!) Keep 'em coming. Hopefully John should be in contact with the producer later this week. We'll keep you posted.

:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.