Major theMouthPiece.com announcement.......

Discussion in 'The Auditorium' started by TheMusicMan, Jan 24, 2003.

?

Are you interested in taking part in tMP.com event? Friday 21st November 2003

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi Folks

[​IMG]

As some of you will know by now I am always happy to receive suggestions as to how I can improve theMouthPiece.com and I have indeed received many super suggestions during these first two months such as: the look and feel, additional functionality, chat room functions etc. and I will be adding these functions in due course.

However, right now I would like to announce a major, exciting initiative from theMouthPiece.com - it's early days yet and there's loads to arrange but I feel now is the time... so here goes!!!

I am hoping to generate enough interest from our current membership to hold the first theMouthPiece.com event. This will be a charity band concert hopefully sometime later this year - September/October time. The 'band' will comprise members of theMouthPiece.com and the only pre-requisite for being able to play therefore is that I ask that you are a registered member of theMouthPiece.com

I am presently putting together an event organising team and we will be meeting up within a week or two to discuss how to move the idea forward and to start putting initial ideas together. I will be posting regular updates as to how the organisation is progressing, and as soon as we have the team finalised I'll certainly let you know. Once we have held this first meeting and have decided on a certain plan of attack, we will be adding a feature on the forum where members of theMouthPiece.com can inform and register their interest in playing at the event.

I admit that there's a lot of organising to sort out, and it is early days yet - but both I and the current members of the organising team are 100% committed and tremendously enthusiastic about this event, and we would ask everyone for their support when we get this event off the ground. We think it could be a fantastic experience. Look out for an update e-mail in a few weeks.

Thanks
    John

2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Seems a great idea, if a suitable location can be found. From the postings on the "what instrument do you play" it looks as if you could just about fill a band with BBb bass and baritone players!

3. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Not to mention about 8 Sop players!
    (think I'll go play 3rd cornet!)

4. bigcol

bigcol Member

After a discussion on a previous thread, the only location for this could be Harrogate!!

5. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

sounds great, how many MDs have you got !!

6. EIBB_Ray

EIBB_Ray Member

Perhaps you could hold it in Finland and thereby fulfill the need that's been identified on the other post :wink:

7. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Definitely!!!! - Not as far for me to travel for a start... and we have a rather nice bandroom as well!!!!

R

8. i think that if this event could go ahead it would be wonderfull :!: :tup :!:

it would be amazing to get so many players, from so many different bands and areas together would be uterly amizing and all through the "infinate" wonders of the www!!!
    :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D :p :D

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

This is exactly what I want to achieve gorgeous_bari!_player - and I'm 100% committed to making it happen....

10. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

Nice to see we are getting lots of interest already....keep it coming :D

11. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

:tup :lol: :tup big thumbs up from me to, musicians from everywere comming together to play sound excelent.

12. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

"Music crosses all barriers."

If there was ever a truer quote, I haven't read it.

I look forward to this with EAGER anticipation.

13. twigglet

twigglet Member

Sounds like a terrific idea, and you will b pleased to hear i neither play sop, baritone or Bb bass! :lol:

14. hornblower

hornblower Member

Sounds like fun! And as a 2nd tenor horn player I'm not in the sop,bari etc bracket either! :)

15. Heather

Heather Member

What's wrong with having a band full of Baritone players????????
    Great idea Music Man.

16. i agree heather - wots wrong with a band full of baritone players - we r extremly versitile and can get around ne thing (well nearly) :p

17. dave jake

dave jake Member

Couldn t begin to imagine a band full of double Bs, all those corny jokes and sarky comments but it would be preferable to a band of soppy sops, :? :?

18. bigcol

bigcol Member

No - you need the back row cornets so that they can be the butt of your jokes.

19. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

and heres me thinking that the basses were the butt of everyones jokes...

20. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

:shock:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.