Major Project

Discussion in 'The Auditorium - Concert Details' started by laurenmariewhite1989, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Hi Guys, Im currently in my fourth and final year at Birmingham Conservatoire and for my dissertation/Major Project I have organised all of the following event. If all of you brass banders/musicians out there could support me in one of the biggest brass banding events the Conservatoire has ever seen, that would be fantastic.

Best Wishes

Lauren

“Boobs and Brass” and “The Brighouse and Rastrick Band”
    Guest Soloist: Lauren-Marie White

Musical Directors: Mr Sandy Smith and Martin Dawson
    Compere: Carolyn Oldershaw

Hi Guys, Im currently in my fourth and final year at Birmingham Conservatoire and for my dissertation/Major Project I have organised all of the following event. If all of you brass banders/musicians out that could support me in one of the biggest brass banding events the Conservatoire has ever seen, that would be fantastic.

The girls of “Boobs and Brass” and Brighouse and Rastrick Band are once again joining forces in aid of the Breast Cancer Campaign.

With all monies going to the BCC, we present to you a programme guaranteed to get your pulse racing! Organised by Lauren-Marie White, both Bands will take to the stage performing a wide range of repertoire, varying from Handel to popular classics.

The concert will take place at Birmingham Conservatoire’s Sir Adrian Boult Hall on Friday 13th May 2011 commencing at 7.45pm. Tenor trombonist, Lauren Marie will be the guest soloist for the evening.

There will also be a chance to win a pair of tickets to go and see Avenue Q at the Birmingham Hippodrome, Vouchers to be wined and dined at Nandos, Spa Treatments along with plenty more raffle prizes to be won.

NOT TO BE MISSED!

7.45pm, The Sir Adrian Boult Hall

£14

Tickets are now available from THE BOX in Birmingham’s Central Library:

Tel: 0121 245 4455

Or visit www.birmingham-box.co.uk

For more information please visit: www.boobsandbrass.com

"This student-produced event is supported by Birmingham Conservatoire”

2. grausue

grausue Member

All the best with this, Lauren! :clap:

3. rutty

rutty Active Member

Good luck Lauren :)

I can't make it but have spread the word on Facebook.

4. thank you very much :D please spread the word
    x

5. Mattytheshark

Mattytheshark Member

This looks great! Best of luck for it!

6. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Well done Lauren

You certainly have some front and I admire that in a young woman.

This looks just the sort of thing needed to turn the tide of dwindling audiences for brass bands. Before I commit my pension money however, I would be grateful if you could provide some details of the programme for this evening of gentlemen’s entertainment.

Will the Briggus lads be providing the warm up act for the girls or will the dancing be between band numbers?

Will the dancing be “artistic” in nature or more of the “in your face” variety.

You promise a programme guaranteed to get my pulse racing! Will the St John’s Ambulance be attending in case of over excitement?

I was surprised to see that the compere for the night is of the fair sex. Nothing wrong with that I say but I trust that Miss Oldershaw is aware that the crowd will expect a bit of blue on a night like this.

I look forward to seeing you from the front row on the 13th.

Bob

PS I’ll have a couple of posters as long as they haven’t got Brighouse on them

7. your a joker!

For anybody who is interested

you can download posters from http://www.boobsandbrass.com/

The format of the programme is:

1st half: Boobs and Brass
    INTERVAL
    2nd Half: Brighouse and Rastrick
    followed by massed band performance of Procession to the Minister and a few other suprises!

8. Bob Sherunkle

Bob Sherunkle Member

Lauren.

From the tone of your reply it seems that I have been an April Fool.

If your event is to be more Brassed Off than Bras Off then I do believe that your advert is rather misleading.

I hope that you won't have too many disappointed punters on the night.

I think that you should at least consider a Topless Acrobat as an encore. Nipple tassles would keep it classy and dignified.

Good luck with the event.

Bob