Magic Flute

Discussion in 'theMouthPiece.com User Reviews' started by andywooler, Oct 18, 2004.

1. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

I had the pleasure of seeing the Glyndebourne Touring Opera's Magic Flute earlier this week - for those of you who like a bit of opera and also those who haven't been before, this is one not to be missed. I can't remember the last time I heard an audience laugh at the Glyndebourne opera house - this is is truly wonderful version, the Queen of The Night's aria one of the musical highlights.

A right good night out - coming to a theatre near you over the coming months.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Glyndebourne Touring Opera
    Queen of The Night
    Glyndebourne
  3. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

I was dragged to see it couple of years back with school, but in the end quite enjoyed it, in a funny kind of way

4. Mike Saville

Mike Saville Member

Having once played the Magic Flute every night for 6 months, I think I'll pass in this occaision! (For those that don't know it the music is fantastic).

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

If I recall correctly, Bram Gay has arranged a version a performable version of the opera accompanied by a brass band!

6. rightnowmusic

rightnowmusic Member

I can certainly agree with Mike on this one... I played it for too long also (and the Timp part's not really that "riveting" !)

You might also want to have a look at the following link... It's a Brass Band Version of the Aria from The Magic Flute:

http://rightnowmusic.com/catalog/pr...=2298&osCsid=80fc3560e0665e45bf02a148bf48aef8

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

He has indeed - picked it up on ebay a while back. It was recorded by the Gothenburg brass band, and works quite well.

My wife and I went to see "Magic Flute" in Cardiff with Welsh National Opera many years back. The performance was a little late starting, and we had to leave before the end to catch the last train back up the valley. You can imagine how we felt when the train was also late, having been delayed to allow opera-goers to get home :shock: