Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by leisa, Jun 21, 2008.

1. leisa

leisa Active Member

I just found out that a guy i went to school with, Stuart Pilkington went into the big brother house on friday! I dont watch it really so didnt see him go in but just put it on now and its soooooo weird to see someone i recognise in there!! :-?

Has anyone else ever had anyone they knew or know pop up on tv or anywhere?
  2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Not quite so high profile, but equally weird:

When I got on our bus for Whit Friday I was told there were 2 people from the East Lancs local paper doing an article on the band and whit friday in general; thought nothing more of it.

While we were waiting to play at Friezland, one of them came up to me and asked me where I grew up. I thought it was for the story, so I told her I'm from Holywell in North Wales. Turns out she recognised me, I was in school with her, she was in the year above me all the way from nursery upwards! :eek:
  3. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I knew stuart through a friend who was on big brother a few years ago. He was from macclesfield.

But more personally, I was watching the hotel inspector once on channel five and the head chef they were interviewing was at a hotel i used to work at as an agency chef. I was very supprised he was working there, as it the hotel on TV was a right dive.
  4. emziesonic

emziesonic Member

Yup, my dad was a contsestant on Deal or No Deal last November!
    Found it hilarious to watch!:biggrin:
  5. leisa

leisa Active Member

i love deal or no deal!! just saw stuarts sister melissa who was in my class on big brother little brother...its really weird
  6. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

I was very surprised when Sally Lindsay first appeared on Coronation Street (Shelly). Her brother went out with my sister for 6 years so used to see her all the time. I bumped into her in a pub a couple of years back and she was really pleased to see me - nice to know that fame hadn't gone to her head.
  7. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

My mum appeared on the Graham Norton show.

Unfortunately (and highly embarassingly) she was throwing knickers at westlife :redface:

How embarassing
  8. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

One of my work colleagues appeared on "Countdown". He did really well and hadn't told any of us he was doing it. I only found out as I was off sick and flicked through the channels and saw him sitting there.
  9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I seem to recall a cornet player saying "I won't be at band on Thursday, I'll be on top of the Pops."

And he was! Menswear was the band's name.
  10. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

Really not high profile at all, but there was once a programme called Chefs at Sea- it was a cookery competition on a cruise ship. On a cruise about 2 years ago we made friends with a lovely lady, only to go home and find this programme on TV and see her win! (Though it was an old repeat, she had won it years before we knew her!)