Madness-It must be Madness

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by RDTCBD, Sep 3, 2010.

1. RDTCBD

RDTCBD Member

Hi All
    Is anybody aware of any Madness (Baggy Trousers, House of Fun etc) medleys out there??
    Many thanks
    Paul

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Madness Hi AllIs
    Madness
    Baggy Trousers
    House of Fun
    thanksPaul
  3. Big Ste

Big Ste New Member

4. blue juice

blue juice Member

There's an arrangement of It must be love

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

6. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

One of the tuba players at Hebden Bridge has arranged a medley. Contact Rick Cowans. He is on here.

7. MRSH

MRSH Supporting Member

Yes
    [youtube]4DuWOMqc9-M&feature=related[/youtube]

8. RDTCBD

RDTCBD Member

thanks guys for the help and pointers in the right direction

9. tuba1974

tuba1974 Member

Hello, Ive done a selection of madness music we are playing at the moment, house of fun, baggie trousers, it must be love, one step beyone, the score is with the band madness for them to look at and ok prior to being plublished, hope this helps, just wait a bit and it hopefully will be for sale.

10. Backrowmike

Backrowmike Member

I hope it's published as I would love to play it!:)

Keep us informed.

Mike

11. simonium

simonium Member

With the greatest of respect for people who arrange for brass band I can imagine a Madness compilation to be utterly ghastly. The charm if their music is in the vocal inflection, the lyrics, the repetitive grooves and general air of having a laugh. How on earth would you duplicate the sax solo in It Must Be Love? Some things have to be left alone. I normally argue that cover versions don't improve on the original but Madness' version of this song is one of the very few that does. I cannot imagine a brass band doing Madness justice. They're one of my favourite bands and personally think the result could (not would) be horrific. Of course I'm not surprised Obrasso and Fernie did an arrangement. I would say to them, just because you can do something doesn't necessarily mean you should.

Pop music and brass bands? Never the twain should meet unless it's a histrionic, overblown "classic" like Music. ;)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Madness Hi AllIs
    Madness
    Baggy Trousers
    House of Fun
    thanksPaul
  13. tuba1974

tuba1974 Member

:confused:

14. RDTCBD

RDTCBD Member

Tuba1974

Message to TUBA 1974.
    I am not brilliant at forums and thought I had sent a private message to you. I appears I have not. Could you message me and I will ask what I wanted to ask you.
    many thanks

15. lynsey83

lynsey83 Member

We played Baggy Trousers at our last rehearsal - think it's Fernie but it's great!

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

We've played it out a few times this summer. Love it. Well done Mr Fernie.

17. tuba1974

tuba1974 Member

hello you can send me an email at colemanskipper@aol.com, and we will take about it:tup

18. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Rather OT. I am pleased to announce I will be arranging the first single by Toxic Funk Berry as soon as it is released. Must be the Music, man.

19. Masterblaster jnr

Masterblaster jnr Active Member

Mark bentham's done a very good arrangement called 'Complete Madness' featuring My Girl, It Must Be Love, Baggy Trousers, House of Fun, and a couple of others. Very cleverly done, works a treat. Pemberton have used it quite a bit, and (i think) Hepworth did when he was conductor. Not sure that it's published though