Mac, Flash and tMP

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Kjata, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Kjata

Kjata Member

Has anyone else had a problem with Flash crashing when tMP loads up, literally the last couple of weeks i've gone on tMP, Flash has crashed (try saying that 10 times when drunk...)!
    Has anyone had this problem, or can the tMP mods enlighten me why this keeps happening?
    I know how Apple dislikes Adobe ect... but this seems to be mostly localised to the tMP site.
    Any info would be appreciated.
  2. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Fine for me? Running OSX (snow leopard) with latest version of firefox and flash.

Crashes at school all the blimming time on the PC, but that is more to do with our highly sensitive filter which blocks pretty much everything except the BBC website!
  3. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I looked at the title of this thread and thought we had a new trio of superheroes!
  4. Kjata

Kjata Member

And what a trio it would be lol!!
  5. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea about this kind of stuff. I think flash is used for the ads and twitter-box, but for questions about that I have to refer you to TheMusicMan...
    On Windows (XP and 7) and Firefox I have had no problems.

Do you have the latest version of the Flash plugin? I think I remember installing a couple of updates some weeks ago...
  6. Kjata

Kjata Member

Yep I do, was the first thing I checked. Just the clarify the safari browser doesn't crash, I just get a message saying that the Flash player has crashed? :confused:
  7. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Apple and Adobe are having their little spat at the moment. Perhaps this is an example of why uncle Steve doesn't like flash. Anyway, unless Adobe have changed their code to make it hate all things Apple, as far as I know flash works fine on Mac OS X its just the iOS on Apples mobile devices that isn't compatible with flash. I suggest you install the latest updates for the flash plugin and the browser you are using.