M.D. position, Ipswich & Norwich Co op, L&SE Region

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Ipswich trom, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

The Ipswich & Norwich Co op Band invites applications for the post of Musical Director/Conductor. The band which will be competing in the First section 2010 is based in Ipswich where we benefit from our own permanent bandroom and excellent support from our sponsors, the East of England Co op. We have a busy schedule of engagements and are known within East Anglia for the quality of the concerts that we perform. The band currently rehearses on Monday evening and Thursday evenings (20:00 to 22:00).

We are looking for an MD who can motivate, encourage and progress the band. It is important that the successful applicant is a good communicator, who is able to create an enjoyable but hardworking atmosphere, bringing energy and new ideas to the band.
    Applications can be made in strictest confidence via email to the Band Manager, Ian Burton, at bandmanager@ipswichandnorwichband.co.uk or by post to:
    Ian Burton
    43 Seckford Street,
    Woodbridge,
    Sufolk, IP12 4LZ

2. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

I would just like to write here that I would thoroughly recommend this post to anyone who is interested. Ipswich is a great bunch of people who work very hard and really enjoy their banding.

In Ian Burton you would have one of the best band managers around with an equally strong committee alongside him. I will, sadly, leave behind some great friends and fine musicians when I conduct my final concert.

Thank you very much to everyone from Ipswich, I will miss you a lot. It was a very difficult decision for me to make to step down but, after 5 years, and a total of over 90,000 miles (175 each rehearsal) it is, unfortunately, something that I can not continue indefinitely; especially given my new career in teaching.

If you want a great, progressive and friendly band to conduct; this is the one to go for.

3. sophunk

sophunk Member

Colin Swaep is an excellent conductor and left Cawston beginning of year. He would be a great assesst if still in the area.

4. Rebecca Owen

Rebecca Owen Member

When is the closing date for applications please? I may know someone who is interested.

5. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

I think they may be a bit late for their application to be included :wink: