Lympstone Band Pedal for £pounds

Discussion in 'tMP Site News & Suggestions' started by tam-tam2, Jul 14, 2006.

1. SliPZ

SliPZ New Member

awwww. no pics of the lollipop stall.lol..

well impressed with Ali...i cant cycle 3 miles...let alone 300 n summit.
    :clap:

2. starperformer

starperformer Member

well, start a collection of blood bags, EPO, and corticosteroids in your fridge, and you'll be half-way there

3. Tigaraaah

Tigaraaah New Member

Hi all....

Can i just say a big thanks to all the support from everybody over the last few days. The ride went well and i surprised myself just how fast i managed to do it, must have been the thought of that cream tea!!!
    The Band played a stormer though, the fun day was a great way to finish......lets hope we'll play a stormer on stage in September...harrogate here we come ( again!!)

Alli.

Harrogate - Lympstone ( for thos e interested!)

Distance: 323.34
    Time pedalling: approx 20 hrs
    Rice Pudding: x 2 tins!
    Cups of tea: Many.....
    Chocolate: Only what was left after the support team found it!!!

4. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

I demand pictures!!

What a great day! Ideal weather (although my lollipops melted a bit in the sun...!), a very successful time for Alli, a brilliant performance from the training band, lot's of fun games, and an entertaining football match ;) ...and 2nd place for the band's quiz team in the evening!!

Hopefully we've raised lots of money to get us to the finals - I can't wait now!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

5. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

The football match was enteraining, where the guile and experience of the 'older' players worked......when that failed they sent in the hatchet man and made rude comments about the Welsh......most unsporting!!

Some super guess work in the quiz last night too.......don't know where some of them came from!!:tup

6. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

I've just been on the Lympstone website.... I can't believe it.... I missed throwing wet sponges at Charlie! Absolutely gutted! :tongue:

7. BryonySnell

BryonySnell Member

I'm not sure you'd want me to put the pic of your stall online..... but i can if you like!

Well done Alli, you did a great job, and we wouldn't have raised anything like what we did without you.

I think the Fun Day total was about £500 and the sponsorship will be over £1000, but we will find out exactly when everyone brings back their sponsorship forms! Start getting your money in folks! :biggrin: Jonathan will be most pleased!

Thanks everyone for pulling together a wicked day which was enjoyed by everyone, even Charlie who must have raised about £15 when EVERYONE wanted to get him wet! Great pic on http://www.lympstoneband.co.uk/cycle.htm

:D

8. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

Oh dear...then no, it's ok! I've had enough fame already anyway, after being on the radio, in the paper, AND on TV last week...I'm sure people have had enough...!!!

9. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Well done Alli, we all knew you would achieve it in record time! Hope this means you raise loads of money to help take your band to good things at Harrogate.

10. persins

persins Member

Well done Alli.

Fantastic acheivement.

Well done to Lympstone Band for the fun day too. The pictures seem to to show that most had a good time.

Simon

11. SliPZ

SliPZ New Member

prolly cos its got me in...and noone wants to see that.. :D

12. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

Surely that should be a reason for having the picture on the web, Sam!! I'm still bruised after the football.......how did we lose that?!!:rolleyes:

13. SliPZ

SliPZ New Member

they cheated by playing downhill. and not having a second 1/2..haha..also our passing was pretty chronic...will have to give them a rematch sometime...:)