Lyme Disease Petition

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Dave 2nd2nd Cornet, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

Please if you can spare a few moments of your time, could you sign up to this petion for funding and resources to be urgently made available and used to improve all aspects of the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, monitoring, public awareness and research of Lyme disease and its associated tick-borne infections, in order to improve the poor clinical outcome for people with these diseases in the UK.

petitions.pm.gov.uk/Lyme-Disease/?ref=lyme-disease

2. ronnie_the_lizard

ronnie_the_lizard Active Member

Care to tell us a bit more about the disease, problems & what the petition would hope to achieve ???

3. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Erm, forgive me for being stupid here but this told me some more then I typed in Lyme Disease in google (other search engines are available) and got this site.

Only took me twenty seconds ;) I am getting good at this IT malarkey.

4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Signed and sealed. I know someone who's got Lyme Disease, very nasty thing.
    BMB
    xx

5. ronnie_the_lizard

My point was not really about wanting to know more about Lyme Disease - as a vet and someone who spends a large proportion of his free time walking on moorland it's something I regularly consider.

What I find odd is the idea that everyone on tMP should go and sign a petition just because we're asked to rather than because we've been fully made aware of the facts of the problem and what might be achieved by signing the petition.

6. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

As Supermosh has already stated (if I read his post right:rolleyes: ), search engines are a useful tool on the internet.
    If I were to show all information available on Lymes Disease in this thread, it would have possibly taken up quite a lot of space, not that I personally have a great deal of knowledge on the subject, it is my sister that suffers from this terrible disease.

7. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Perish the thought. Best watch out in case someone starts a travel charging petition :rolleyes:

8. ronnie_the_lizard

There are many travel charging petitions there - over 4000 petitions in all, all asking the government to spend their valuable time and my even more valuable taxes on various things.