Lydney welcome Bryn James as MD

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Sop_Or_Bass?, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Lydmet Lydney Band is delighted that friend of the band Bryn James has taken on the role of Conductor throughout the remainder of 2005. Bryn’s talent will greatly assist the Band as they continue successfully rebuilding.

Bryn has played cornet and euphonium with many local “Forest of Dean” bands from a very young age. He later trained at the Royal Military School of Music, Kneller Hall whilst with the REME Staff band. Following his Army career, he has conducted several local brass bands since the1990's, with many contest successes. In 1998 he joined City of Bristol Band, again adding to his reputation for producing outstanding results by taking them from 3rd Section to Championship in 5 years. More recently he has had a spell with the Tongwynlais Band in South Wales.

2. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

You have managed to get hold of a talented man there. Please pass on my regards to him. I was lucky(?) enough to serve with him in the forces.

3. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

We sure have and he has conducted us in the past (some time ago).

Have you any stories about your time in the forces I can embarass him with on Friday ? ;)

4. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Ask him about his broken wrists!!!!!....and a toilet episode associated with them :biggrin: :biggrin:

5. Rebel Tuba

Rebel Tuba Member

Yeah Good Luck Bryn, a very talented MD who can go a lot further yet. i learned a lot under him

6. POLYSTEEL (FLOWERS)

POLYSTEEL (FLOWERS) New Member

Onwards and upwards!

Polysteel(Flowers) band would like to wish Lydney band and Bryn James all the best for the future. Bryn is a great Guy and conductor and will do well with the band, we are glad the band is on the up again!