Lydmet Lydney change their name to Lydney Town Band

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by Sop_Or_Bass?, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Following the loss of their sponsorship a few years ago with Federal Mogul (prev. Lydmet), Lydney have decided that it is time to rename back to their former name of Lydney Town Band.

The band have spent the past couple of years trying to rebuild after their relegation from the Championship Section and now have a thriving training band to help secure the future of the band for years to come.

2. Colin Hogg

Colin Hogg Member

Hi Neil,
    Hope the new name brings you luck. The band is a great bunch and I enjoyed my time with you all.
    Best wishes
    Colin

3. brassed_off

brassed_off Member

Keep up the good work guys. You got me started in banding (and started on drinking beer!) and I haven't forgotten it. It's good to see you've kept working at it after a tough time.

Hannah Brown

4. QAD

QAD Member

Good luck Neil,
    Sure it won't be long Lydney bounces back
    Huw

5. weenie

weenie Member

All the best to Lydney Town. Good to see you looking to the future, I'm sure it will be a good one.

6. Sop_Or_Bass?

Sop_Or_Bass? Member

Thanks all for your messages of support for the band :clap:

Cheers

Neil

7. fingers phil

fingers phil New Member

Is The band still seeking a bass player. I play Eb Bass and have competed at 2nd/3rd section incl. National Finals

All the best

Philip

8. Kiz7

Kiz7 Member

Hi philip - the band is definitely still looking for an Eb or Bb bass player. PM me and i will give you a contact phone number. I am surethey would be delighted to hear from you