Lydgate Band - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by peterwilson, Jul 7, 2004.

1. peterwilson

peterwilson New Member

Edit: Current vacancies towards the end of the thread

Lydgate Band, Saddleworth.

We are a friendly 4th section band with vacancies in these positions:

Soprano cornet, Tutti cornets, Euphonium, Bb Bass, and Principal trombone.

We rehearse one night per week - monday 7.30 til 9.30 pm.

Please contact MD Andrew Stott on 07966461206. Or by email to me.

All ages and abilities welcome.

P. Wilson :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Principal
    Andrew Stott
    Lydgate Band
    Soprano
    Tutti
  3. Alan Melvin

Alan Melvin New Member

My eight year old daughter has been playing for 12 months and she wants to join a brass band. Would we be able to bring her along.

4. Majoresteve

Majoresteve Member

im sure they wouldnt mind at all. i am not a member of the band, but one dosent seem to be posting a answer. take her along for a blow and see what they say. my band would always welcome a player who wants to join, or even a player who just wants to come along for a blow, and im sure that theu wouldnt mind.

hope you dont mind me answering for you!

5. andreww

andreww Member

Players wanted for a friendly 4th Section band

Lydgate band up in Saddleworth has recently appointed myself as the new conductor, we are looking for players for all sections no matter what age or technical level. We rehearse on mondays at 7.30 until 9.30 and the main aim is to enjoy ourselves. Contest-wise I am looking to do one contest a year and obviously the whit friday night. Looking to build up numbers and get the band going in a new direction.

Anyone interested ring me on 07815697651 or just drop me a text.

Many Thanks

Andy Wilson

6. andreww

andreww Member

Friendly 4th Section Band

Lydgate band up in Saddleworth has recently appointed myself as the new conductor, we are looking for players for all sections no matter what age or technical level. We rehearse on mondays at 7.30 until 9.30 and the main aim is to enjoy ourselves. Contest-wise I am looking to do one contest a year and obviously the whit friday night. Looking to build up numbers and get the band going in a new direction. We would be a perfect band for youngsters from youth bands that want to progress up the sections in an adult band.

Anyone interested ring me on 07815697651 or just drop me a text.

Many Thanks

Andy Wilson

7. andreww

andreww Member

North West 4th Section Band Needs Principal Players

Lydgate band (newly registered 4th section band) requires a confident solo euphonium and principal cornet player to boost our rejuvinated band. We also need a Bb bass and tutti cornet players. We rehearse on a Monday 7.30 - 9.30.

If interested ring MD Andy on 07815697651.

All enquiries delt in strictest confidence.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  8. andreww

andreww Member

4th Section North West Band

Lydgate band in Saddleworth require a Bb bass player, a strong front row cornet player and a percussionist to fill their ranks.

The band rehearses on a monday night at 7.30 in the parish hall on Stockport Road.

If you are interested please ring MD Andy Wilson on 07815697651.

The band are aiming to start contesting by the end of the year. We are a friendly bunch of hard working people with a varied age range.

9. andreww

andreww Member

Ready for a change?? 4th section band, North West

Lydgate brass band a looking for a few more players to bolster their ranks and prepare for the Whit Friday contest. We currently have seats on Soprano, Repiano, Front row cornet, Euphonium, Bb and Eb bass and percussion. We have officially one seat available for each of the mentioned places but any player is welcome down for a blow.

We rehearse every monday at 7.30 in Lydgate Parish Hall opposite the church on Stockport Rd. We are an ideal band for people who can't commit to a band wanting two rehearsals a week.

Rehearsals are challenging and enjoyable under MD Andrew Wilson, and we are looking to be contseting by the end of the year.

If you are interested in coming for a practice or for any further information, ring or text Andy on 07815697651 all calls treated in confidence.

10. andreww

andreww Member

Md Wanted 4th Section Band North West

Lydgate Band (4th Section) require the services of a new Musical Director to replace Andrew Wilson who is resigning to complete his PGCE. The Band rehearse on a Monday night in the Parish Hall next to the White Hart and has a good turn out of players round the stand.

Anyone interested in applying for this position should conctact Val Baxter on 01457870338 or John Yates on 01457873048. All applications will be dealt in confidence.

Edit:Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines, PB, Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2007
  11. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

are you still looking for a conductor?

Kelly K.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Principal
    Andrew Stott
    Lydgate Band
    Soprano
    Tutti
  13. johnontrom

johnontrom New Member

Lydgate Band welcomes all brass players

Lydgate band is looking for new players, especially cornet players. We are a friendly band who enjoy a pint together after rehearsals. We only meet on Mondays for rehearsals and the band is very suitable for anyone who doesn't have the time for too much commitment as we don't, at the moment, do much more than twenty engagements a year of which, there is no pressure to attend them all if you are too busy on any of the dates. An ideal band for anyone who lives a busy life but doesn't want to stop blowing all together.

We welcome anyone even if you haven't blown for years but fancy restarting. Rehearsals are on Mondays at seven thirty. Lydgate is situated in the Saddleworth / Oldham area. If you fancy giving us a go, mail me at: johnashworth8@hotmail.co.uk or ring me on 0161 627 4833 for details of how to find our rehearsal room. If I don't answer the phone, leave a message and I'll get back to you asp