Ludlow Bands?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by kwrigley, Sep 4, 2006.

1. kwrigley

kwrigley New Member

I am a tenor horn player from the north east, and i am looking for a band near Ludlow Shropshire to join.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    tenor horn player
    Ludlow Bands
    north east
    Ludlow Shropshire
  3. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

My geography isn't too good, but I think you might be quite near Wem Jubilee. I believe Ludlow may have had a band at some point, but I don't know if they still have. If you don't mind a bit of a drive, Knighton Town Silver is a very friendly and busy band. They go for a booze-up, er sorry, I meant 'band tour' every so often. They've just came back from a very successful trip to Belgium which I would have gone on had it not been for the arrival of the little person you see to your left!

Best of luck finding a band to join and I hope your relocation has gone smoothly.

ps. Just realised you're new to the forum. WELCOME!

4. GingerMaestro

GingerMaestro Active Member

Do you play anything else other than horn as West Mercia Police band are always looking to welcome new players to the band and we are only approx 1hr away from Ludlow in Hindlip Worcester If you are interested either PM me or give me a call on 07988699507 I may not answer straight away as my phone is on silent at work but if you leave a message I will get back to you

We practice on a Monday 7.30 - 10.00 and travelling expences are paid for rehearsals and Engagements

Hope to hear from you soon

5. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Hi Katharine,

As Duncan has already stated Wem Band are about an hour from Ludlow. If you would like to come along for a blow you'd be more than welcome. Incidentally, what position do you normally play? We rehearse on Friday evenings between 7.30 and 9.30 pm. We are a happy and very friendly band and most of the members are registered on tMP! If you would like any more information please feel free to contact me via Private Message.

Roger
    (MD Wem Jubilee)

;)

6. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Hi, Which band did you play with in the North East? I've just moved from the North East to the Midlands and I would recommend Wem - They are a lovely band to play for.

7. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hi Lynda thanks for the great coments, i take it you'll be popping down to see us again soon:clap:

Hi Katharine, and welcome to tmp!

As Roger and those before have said you'd be more than welcome at Wem. ive only been with the band for about 3 years, but i can safely say its the friendliest band i have ever played for, and i have really started to enjoy playing again!

see you soon! :D
    Craigy

8. jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint Member

Jackfield Band is not too far from you!
    They are Shropshire's only Championship section band. A really friendly lot who love the social side as much as the musical side of it all. I believe there is a 1st horn seat there at the moment. They will be very welcoming and look after you well. Please PM for more details. Come down and meet the gang!
    Look forward to hearing from you soon.
    James
    www.jackfieldband.org.uk