Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds A La William Shatner

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by tubatu, May 24, 2005.

1. tubatu

tubatu Member

2. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Some of the other offerings in here are hilarious, especially some of the TV ads.
  3. Crazysop

Crazysop Member

Awful!!!!!!!! lol!
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

5. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

Ya ain't heard nothing until you hear Shatner's rendition of Mr. Tambourine Man, as in "MisTer...TAM..Bourine......MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN".

If you really want to torture yourself this way, check out this CD, which also features the crooning of Leonard Nimoy. I've heard just enough of Nimoy's singing (about a minute's worth) to know that I don't want this thing played anywhere within several time zones of me. Part of my soul died that day...

6. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

This is a gem that I've had in my collection for some time - I just love this sort of celebrity c**p singing!! There are two "great" CDs that feature such classics - One is called Golden Throats that features American celebs from the 60's "singing" - my fave on that is Jack Webb (the original Joe Friday on Dragnet) murdering the classic Try a little tenderness. The other is Dr Demento's hits from Outer Space which features the Leonard Nimoy song Highly Illogical.... that just sums it up. But if you haven't heard of Dr Demento visit and listen to two of his great radio shows that are on there - It got me hooked on buying the broadcast cds on ebay (they can get a bit pricey!!!)
  7. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Leonard Nimoy and a bunch of deranged munchkins singing "Bilbo Baggins" is one of my all time favourites. Not...

8. Nigel Hall

Nigel Hall Supporting Member

Ah yes.. Almost as good(!) as "Twinkle Twinkle Little Earth".... Live Long And Prosper.... Yeah Right!!