Luciano Pavarotti

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Keith Stanley James Lever, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Keith Stanley James Lever

Keith Stanley James Lever Supporting Member

Born in Modena on the 12th of October 1935, Died in Modena on 6th of September 2007 at the age of 71 years, 'NESSON DORMA'

2. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

3. MissBraz

MissBraz Member

My god i know! I'm at work and was calling someone when i heard it on the radio not realising they had answered i gasped down the phone at them! Adn also therefore missed the rest of what the radio said about it!!!

4. David Mann

David Mann Member

He had a wonderful gift of communication and made it possible for people to enjoy operatic music. He'll be sadly missed.

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

6. needmorevodka

needmorevodka Member

I couldn't agree more David, he did wonderful things for the world of opera, made it accessible to so many people. Very sad news indeed.

7. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

He definitely had the most stunning voice, which could be surprisingly tender at times, as well as the heroic style he was most known for. It was just unfortunate that his bulk rather hampered him on stage, and made him less convincing than others such as Placido Domingo.

8. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

A sad day for the world of Opera and, indeed, many more. He will certainly never be forgotten for sure. RIP

9. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

No indeed. I'm no fan of opera, despite having an professional opera singer in the family, but Pavarotti was always someone who could stop me in my tracks to listen. He was definitely one of the greatest - perhaps the greatest - opera singers ever IMHO.

10. tpcornet12

tpcornet12 Member

Not just his voice either - he had an amazing presence! I couldn't understand what he was singing but I believed him - if you know what I mean!?

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Luciano Pavarotti Born
    Modena
    NESSON DORMA
    years