Lower section national final tickets wanted

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by chingchongchew, Jun 17, 2014.

1. chingchongchew

chingchongchew New Member

I dont know if this is the right area but :
    Im looking to go to the lower section national finals this year to support my bands from Scotland.
    Can anyone please tell me where you get the tickets from.
    Many thanks

2. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

You can buy tickets on the day at the venue. There's absolutely no worries that it'll be sold out.

3. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

It's a fair question. The Kapitol website states that tickets are only available at the box office on the day, which is all very well, but to travel from Durness to Cheltenham (which according to AA Route Planner is a 1,200 mile round trip by road) only to find no tickets available would be disappointing to say the least!

There is no mention of the event at all on the venue's own website. No advertising, no advance ticket bookings, no encouragement for anyone other than the participants to attend, and certainly not the general public - for a national occasion it's very much a private event isn't it? And people wonder why brass bands don't get the coverage in the media they think they deserve!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  4. Chris Hicks

Chris Hicks Member

Like i said, there's absolutely no chance it'll sell out. They'd be lucky to sell half the tickets.

5. James Yelland

James Yelland Active Member

With no publicity, that is hardly surprising!

6. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Plus if you want to buy tickets for both days - ask for a discount. Two years ago they were only priced for each day but previously at Harrogate you could always get a discount

The ticket staff asked Mr Morris and agreed to knock prices down by £2 for each day for 2 days if I recall correctly

7. Ianroberts

Ianroberts Well-Known Member

Dont tell a jock they can get discount for god sake !

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

8. ekimmort

ekimmort Member

Bands taking part in the Cheltenham Finals can order tickets in advance at a reduced price. details should have arrived with draw delegates ticket and instructions for the day.

9. dont worry about there being no tickets ive been for the last 3 years and they charge bandsmen to get in so areana always empty.save your money and get someone to vidio it for you.

10. Spaniels Ears

Spaniels Ears Member

It was £20 a ticket.

Cant believe eve they charge band players to get in its scandalous! Talk about making the most of it!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Scotland.
    lower section national finals
    Lower section national final tickets
    year
    dont