"Lower Section Finals"

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Beesa, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Beesa

Beesa Member

I thought the following was a very good point well made, on the 4barsrest.com comments page:
    I just say 'Harrogate' but that isn't particularly descriptive or accurate either. Is it just 4br or is the phrase 'lower section finals' more widely used?

2. alangiff3

alangiff3 Member

"National Finals Sections 1-4" would be fine...

3. Blossom

Blossom Member

The National Brass Band Championships at Harrogate is referred to as the 'Lower Section Finals' on the National's website !

I agree, every winner at Harrogate is a National Champion in their own right.

Perhaps the term 'Lower Section Finals' is simply a way of differentiating between the Harrogate and the RAH Finals

4. Backrowmike

Backrowmike Member

It is the National Brass Band Championship, and every winning band is a champion.

Its a pity that the Championship is not all held on the same weekend at the same venue!

There is no need to call it the "Lower Section Finals" as this implies that the important event is at the Royal Albert Hall and that Harrogate is a side show.

5. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

It could quite easily become the Kapitol Promotions non championship section finals.

Whatever the name the competitors and prize winners know that they have played at the National final for their section, and if they win they are crowned X section national champions.

Can't see what all the fuss is about :confused:

6. towse1972

towse1972 Active Member

Me either to be honest. What difference does it make?

7. Bayerd

Bayerd Active Member

And there was me thinking that the important event was in London and the rest a side show. How wrong can you be?......:-?

8. Euph1175

Euph1175 New Member

I read this on 4br, I dont think it makes too much of a difference. National Finals Sections 1-4 would be fine though.