Low Register Pieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by cjconnor24, Aug 17, 2005.

1. cjconnor24

cjconnor24 Member

Can anyone recomend some low register pieces exercises to work on, trying to rebuild my embouchure after changing it which isnt going so well. Need something to work on to keep me sane, the arban is just annoying me now!

2. persins

persins Member

Not sure about specific exercises but the one piece that springs to mind is the beginning of Harrisons Dream on the back row cornets part. Demi semi quavers going down to bottom G! Nice!!

If in doubt about excercises, you can always just find higher ones and take them down the octave!!

3. Griffin

Griffin Active Member

I find Nimrod a killer to keep going! both on Sop and Solo Cornet.
  4. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

Try the Vizzutti Book 1, technical studies, from page 32 onwards... stick to the ones below the stave!!

Should keep you busy for a while!
  5. madrich

madrich Member

Good luck with your embochure change. I'm going through one at the moment and it is definately not much fun. If you can get hold of Paul Archibald's "Breath" (you can order it from here http://www.paularchibald.co.uk/) then that does wonders for your low register and for your breath control. It really helped me build my new embouchure too, although I wouldn't pay much attention to the lesson a week thing. It took me about three weeks to be able to play the first one well :)
  6. madrich

madrich Member

Also, if you want something a bit more interesting, some of the lower grade music like "trumpet fancies" (with its horrible orange cover) or take 10 provide low register arangments of slightly more exciting things than the arban :)