Lovely Next Door Neighbours!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by meandmycornet, Sep 4, 2006.

1. meandmycornet

meandmycornet Active Member

As I am writing this, I am munching my way through a big piece of squidgy lemon cake.... as made by my next door neighbour Wendy!

Wendy and Russ only moved in 4 weeks ago and we've had three cakes and a pie so far! Wendy loves to bake... and as there is only two of them we get lots of cakes and pies and yummy things! Its great!

and on the over side is David who has the biggest vegetable patch ever.... we frequently get veggies and also lots of bramleys off his trees!

Anybody else got wonderful next door neigbours?

I love mine!
    I'm guna miss baking days when I go to uni! :tongue:

Fi
    xx

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wendy
    lemon cake
    piece
    two
    pie
  3. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

You're lucky. My neighbours are the neighbours from hell. If they are not playing what they fondly believe to be music at a volume that makes my windows rattle, they are shouting and throwing things at each other. We even had the police around a couple of weeks ago because they were screaming at each other in the street! :mad:

I'm even considering moving to get away from them - but who'd buy my flat while they live there? :(

4. meandmycornet

You should post a brass band CD through there letter box and ask them to play that instead! At least it'd be bearable then!

And why don't you try winning them over? bake them lemon cake! :D

5. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

We had the most wonderful neighbours in our old house. George could turn his hand to anything, he even rigged up a shelter over our garden when we had a wet barbie.
    Margaret always had a cake ready sliced and they served more booze than you could shake a stick at. Many a night we crawled over the back fence at midnight after "just popping round for a drink and a chat".

Our neighbours now are also pretty good. Anne is an absolute hoot and her kids keep LittleBabyBadger occupied for hours :D.
    BMB
    xx

6. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I'm thinking about borrowing the tam-tam from band and doing some home practice!!! If you can't beat them, join them!! :biggrin:

I suspect the only cake the bloke might be interested in is one with unusual ingredients - if the smell from the hallway is anything to go by.....:tongue:

7. Flutey

Flutey Active Member

We live in what was once a nice area. There is one council house on the road which has always been full of various chavs. The latest lot (soon to be evicted) are drug dealing chavs who take a smelly dog everywhere with them and make no effort to be decent! Lovely people!

8. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I am soooo naive, it took me 3 months to work out the people in the flats opposite our old house were drug dealers.:oops:
    I remember thinking they had a lot of visitors but it wasn't until the police radided them that I made the connection...
    BMB
    xx

9. Dave 2nd2nd Cornet

Dave 2nd2nd Cornet Active Member

On one side, we have neighbours who are helpful and always there when you need them and on the other side, we have the Battle Axe from Hell, we won't go into the garden when she's out for fear of verbal abuse, lovely when they get old:mad:

10. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I think you'll find that you CAN beat a tamtam! :biggrin:

My neighbours are rather strange. I'm sure that one day I'll come home to find police tape across their gate. When they are not trying to kill each other, it sounds like they are moving bodies around in the middle of the night. They haven't complained about trombone playing though!

11. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

My newish neighbour in the flat below is a midwife and works a late shift. What bothers me is that she likes slamming doors and especially when she gets home between 00:15 and 01:15. :mad: . Also doesn't help that when I have supposedly 'free-time' to sneak in a bit of blowing when all the neighbours are working, she always seems to be in! I am not a big fan of using practice mutes and also hate not 'being able' to push a lot of air through my instrument.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Wendy
    lemon cake
    piece
    two
    pie
  13. andyp

andyp Active Member

I recommend playing them the first 3 minutes of "Blitz!" at full blast. Actually no, all of it.

Cured next door's teenage son of playing his 50 Pence (or whatever he's called) records with the windows open.........I don't mind music in the day but I draw the line at a thumping noise when every second word beings with F***.

All our immediate neighbours are briliant, we tend to congregate of a summer evening across the road (cos they have the biggest garden), drink beer and talk till after it goes dark. That's what summer's for!

14. meandmycornet

Our neighbours before the neighbour before our new neighbours (3 lots ago!) were a bit odd... well Mr Neighbour was... he had 4 motorbikes... and all he ever did was rev each one up for about 20 minutes each really early on a sunday morning! Ne hardly ever went out on them :S he's the only weirdo neighbour i've ever had though I think!

15. HBB

HBB Active Member

I don't know my neighbours... :eek:

16. Rapier

Rapier Supporting Member

My next door neighbours have got really nice nextdoor neighbours! ;)

17. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Oh I love being woken up on a Sunday morning to the the sound of nothing but Bass coming from next door's Chavmobiles :mad: thit is if they're not screaming blue murder at eachother....some very suspect smells waft over the fence too

As if that's not enough, they set off the rats (yorkshire terriers) over the road...as does everything else, usually at about 2am. What's the point?! Horrible little yappy rodents :mad:

18. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Oh I love being woken up on a Sunday morning to the the sound of nothing but Bass coming from next door's Chavmobiles :mad: thit is if they're not screaming blue murder at eachother....some very suspect smells waft over the fence too

As if that's not enough, they set off the rats (yorkshire terriers) over the road...as does everything else, usually at about 2am. What's the point?! Horrible little yappy rodents :mad:

If it wasn't for the fact that I don't want to upset the people I live with, I'd really like to practice (especially on piccolo) with the windows wide open just to upset the chavs :clap:

Edit: Oops.....instead of editing I somehow managed to post twice :-?

19. Veri

Veri Member

Me neither!

20. Liz Courts

Liz Courts Active Member

My neighbours are brilliant!! My dad grows lots of cucumbers, tomatoes, and runner beans which we give away, and in return we get jam from our neighbours on the right, grapes, melons and strawberries from those on the left, bread rolls and cakes from the ones opposite, and plums from the people down the road! Oh, and the people next-door-but-one go fishing twice a week - so fresh fish is always in our fridge, and they also have chickens - nothing beats their eggs!!! :biggrin:

21. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

I'm getting jealous now -- I want to live in a village! :frown:

22. Bryan_sop

Bryan_sop Active Member

Got a whisk at home that'd be perfect :biggrin:

Sorry, couldn't resist......I'll get my coat