Love in the band?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by kate_the_horn, Dec 19, 2003.

?

Which Section are the Best Looking?

1. Tuba

79.5%
  2. Horns (obviously)

4.5%
  3. Euphs/Baritones

4.5%
  4. Front Row Cornets (different from the back row)

2.3%
  5. Back row cornets (the sexy ones!)

5.7%
  6. Trombones (that do it in 7 positions!!)

2.3%
  7. Persussion

1.1%
  1. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

i was talking at a recent band "thing" with a fellow horn player and we got talking about relationships in bands!

theres 2 married couples within our band, and i've realised that over the number of years theres been so many relationships between band members!

the one thing ive noticed is i've always dated a musician!!

so, who's going to admit to fancying that back row cornet, or the 2nd bari?

(i had too, that back row cornet is now playing sop, and we've been seeing each other for nearly 3 months!!)

thanks

kate.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    relationships
    band members
    recent band
    row cornet
    number of years theres
  3. Steve

Steve Active Member

I once played for a band where pretty much every member had hadn a relationship with a fellow band member. You could have linked almost (if not all) the players together through relationship. Incestuous (sp?) brass banding!!!!!!

4. leisa

leisa Active Member

hey its unanimous (sp??) so far i would say front row but if i think about it its just soooo not true in some bands :? :

percussion (or persussion?!?!?!)

5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

Looks matter not. It's what's inside (ahem!) that counts.

Easy for me to say as I'm an ugly b'stard! :wink:

6. Pythagoras

Pythagoras Active Member

After going on tour to Belgium this summer combined with another band there ended up being 5 couples with 1 player from each band.

7. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

backrow... no question

8. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

you may have guessed im dating a backrow!!
    lol

allthough us female horns are the sexiest!

k

9. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

allthough us female horns are the sexiest!

k[/quote]

That can be misconstrued, you know..... ;-)

10. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

How about us MD's then eh???? there's no option for us - but we do it with our hands :wink:

..... and standing up to boot... :)

11. Ahem.... And the male horn-players aswell.... 8)

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    relationships
    band members
    recent band
    row cornet
    number of years theres
  13. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

There are nine couples in our band. Definitely a co-operative band. :wink:

14. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Do us flugels get a separate section or are we part of the beautiful horn section?

Rach x

15. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

You can be part of the beautiful horn section :lol:
    Unless you want to be a back-row...

In my misspent youth I have dated trombones and front-row cornets with a brief dalliance with a percussionist.
    Then I married a clarinettist.

Any group of people inevitably end up having affairs; bands, sports clubs, choirs, church congregations. It's human nature. That said, it can be a pain when people are either drooling over one another and having cosy chats in corners, or glaring at one another and bursting into tears when you play "their song".

KEK is only asking because she's trying to master-mind a thang between one of our front-row cornets and the rep...
    :twisted:
    BMB

16. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

it has to be the euph/bari's , just because we are all so dam fine! 8)

17. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

i think depending on the band, depends on what section is better looking...
    My first bf was a cornet player... cornet players are quite fit... :lol:

errrrm... I quite like the look of a lot people who play various different instruments...

and yea, I think some conductors are pretty fine too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

18. Griffis

Griffis Member

I'm one of these handsome young lads that plays on the front row 8) , and I have been dating my missus now for about 4/5 years (who's counting...hehehe :lol:), and she happens to be a back row cornet player, but not with the same band, although she was with the same band until she left!
    There does seem to be a lot of dating going on within bands, but that tends to happen when you see your friends a lot, and hang out with them.

19. timbloke

timbloke Member

I'm now half of one of those couples pythagoras talks about.. and so far there are four of the five still together (at least!) five of the six maybe, dunno really.

still. i therefore ought to say back-row, but i think she's the exception rather than the rule. In bands, i think it is usually the flugel player who is totally dreamy, i've known a few ;) so i've gone for horns.

however for truely gorgeous musicians (female) you have to look outside the band world... my fav's are clarinetist, something freudian there (my mum playing clarinet) but i've more than "known" a few of them!!

And who could argue that all harpists are by definition, the most beautiful people in the world... i think ugly people are not aloud o play harp... even male harpists (of which there can only be a handful) are beautiful...

20. Wonky_Baton

Wonky_Baton Active Member

I think beauty is relative to how much you have had to drink. There is no such thing as an ugly bandswomen at the end of a contest although some are bonnier than others. I started going with cornets, then horns and now a euph player. Probably pack in before I get round to trombones and basses.

21. Kari Anson

Kari Anson Member

Well I'm a Horn and hubby is backrow (if sop counts as backrow) - waht fine sections we belong to according to this poll!

22. leisa

leisa Active Member

wow front row are winning wahey!!!!