Loud LM31 stainless steel bass trombone mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Basstiger, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Maybe one for you collectors out there

A LOUD LM31 stainless steel bass trombone mouthpiece. I have no idea what is equivalent to but has a very deep cup and massive low range. 28mm across the cup, wide rim. Very comfortable to play on.

This is the second time I have owned this particular mouthpiece having sold it and then bought it back again from the original owner. I used it to good effect with my Holton TR181 bass, sold it when I sold that and bought it again when I got my first Yamaha YBL613H. It never really worked for me in that instrument and now I am so used to what I play on now I have no wish to change again.

The guy who sold it to me originally told me that it was one of only 2 like it in the world. Certainly makes a huge sound low down, but for me I lost clarity in the upper register.

Would be happy to let it go for around £55 including postage. It is in a leather pouch and its original box. Please PM me if interested.

Attached Files:

2. stevetrom

stevetrom Well-Known Member

any experience of these mouthpieces MoominDave?

3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

No. The name's been enough to put me off going out of my way to try them, to be honest...

4. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Now sold. Thank you.