Lothian (Scotland) player available

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Incognito, Oct 17, 2004.

1. Incognito

Incognito Member

Hello
    Considering a return to brass bands if I can be persuaded its not going to be boring or physically dangerous...

I am in good practice (played first cornet in the Vaughan Williams London Symphony last week).

Usually I play trumpet/pic/flugel so I coud play cornet/sop/flugel in a brass band without too much trouble.

The down side is that I don't like contests and I am not going to commit to endless rehearsals for them.

I would even consider helping out as a deputy for concerts if your band needs an extra player occasionally.

2. stronan

stronan New Member

Hi

We are currently looking for a cornet player to help us at a couple of concerts (and one entertainment contest) between now and Christmas.

If you're interested in coming along, please get in touch. Lifts are available from the Edinburgh area.

St. Ronan's Silver Band is a friendly, progressive 2nd Section Band based in the Scottish Borders town of Innerleithen (28 miles from Edinburgh).

St. Ronan's is the current Borders Champion and came third in the 2nd Section at this year's Scottish Championships. The Band has a full programme of concerts, contests and other engagements as well as a training programme for all players.

For further information contact:

Keith Belleville, Secretary, St. Ronan's Silver Band
    25 Miller Street, Innerleithen, EH44 6QR
    Tel: 01896 831721 - Mobile: 07958312858
    Email: secretary@stronansband.org

3. stronan

stronan New Member

Hi

We are currently looking for a cornet player to help us at a couple of concerts (and one entertainment contest) between now and Christmas.

If you're interested in coming along, please get in touch. Lifts are available from the Edinburgh area.

Keith,
    St. Ronan's Silver Band

St. Ronan's Silver Band is a friendly, progressive 2nd Section Band based in the Scottish Borders town of Innerleithen (28 miles from Edinburgh).

St. Ronan's is the current Borders Champion and came third in the 2nd Section at this year's Scottish Championships. The Band has a full programme of concerts, contests and other engagements as well as a training programme for all players.

For further information contact:

Keith Belleville, Secretary, St. Ronan's Silver Band
    25 Miller Street, Innerleithen, EH44 6QR
    Tel: 01896 831721 - Mobile: 07958312858
    Email: secretary@stronansband.org