Lostock Hall welcome new solo trombonist

Discussion in 'Bandroom News - User Submitted' started by bassinthebathroom, May 16, 2007.

1. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

The Lostock Hall Memorial Band are delighted to announce that Ethan Whittaker has joined the band on solo trombone. Having started his playing career at Red Rose Youth aged ten, he has most recently been a member of the Morecambe Band. As well as playing the trombone, Ethan also plays the piano, having, as he says, eclectic musical tastes, and is studying for his A-levels at Sixth Form College. He is also a follower of Blackburn Rovers, but this is perhaps a detail he should have kept quiet, when joining a band in rivals Preston North End’s back yard!
    Musical Director, Iain McKnight said: “I am delighted to formally welcome Ethan to the band, and hope that he enjoys his time with us. He has already impressed me with his playing, and I believe he shows great promise and the potential, and represents a valuable asset for the band.” Ethan joined the band before the recent Buxton Brass Band Festival where we performed Peter Graham’s Dimensions, and achieved 4th prize in the strong fourteen band field, attracting favourable remarks from both adjudicator and audience alike.
    This appointment means that the band now only require a Bass Trombonist and an Eb & BBb Bass players to complete our full time line-up. Anyone interested in any of these positions should contact Iain McKnight on 07929 857475, or by email – iainmcknight128@hotmail.com.
  2. beckystead85

beckystead85 New Member

Good luck Ethan, i'm sure ur'll do the band proud! You've improved a lot whilst at Morecambe Band. Best of luck for the future