Looks like someone has had a bad banding experience ....

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by davidquinlan, Mar 12, 2004.

1. davidquinlan

davidquinlan Member

2. Despot

Despot Member

oooohh a disgruntled badger! :D

Would agree with "trumpetmike's" comments on Bach cornets though..
  3. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

amazin' !! It's a wonder he didnt say that we all wore cloth caps as well :wink:
  4. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Sounds like he's a trumpet player who got turned down from seats for "razzing it up" and not blending in. Met a few in my time, the good ones learn and adapt (just as a good cornet player learns other styles), the bad ones are conviced every one else is wrong.
  5. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

aaaawwww at least he did acknowledge that there are some good cornet players out there :cry:
  6. Sam Atherton

Sam Atherton Member

Looks like he's changed his mind!! :wink:
  7. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

all me :lol:
  8. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

A quick question for you regarding your reply on the other board with your seating order...

If I'm reading it correctly, you sit the horns with the solo next to the cornets and the flugel next to the baris on the other end. Is this correct? And why?? (Besides the fact that it's the way David King tells you to sit. :-D ) It seems to me that the flugel is often a bridge between the cornets and the horns, and the arrangement [cornets] flugel, solo horn, 1st, 2nd [baris] would reflect that better. I'd be interested in knowing the reasoning behind YBS's seating, and some of the other variations I've seen.

And, related to nothing, I was happily surprised to see links to the US Open website in the thread, even if I have no idea what their relevance was to the "angry" post. Love the publicity!! :-D

9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

no we sit with the flugal next to front row and solo horn next to baris.
    It works really well as flugal can connect easily with cornets and sheona and iwan seem to read each other's minds from the opposite ends of the section.