Looking to buy some Sop solos

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by brownrob, Nov 27, 2007.

1. brownrob

brownrob Member

Just looking to boost my confidence by trying out some new solos...

Looking at Intermezzo from Rusticana
    and maybe La Califfa! :clap:

Yes I have been listening to "Legend" a little too much :tup

Any notion of where I can buy these, for band or Soprano Cornet + Piano. Bear in mind my bands are not YBS class ;) so easy arrangements please :biggrin:

Thanks in advance
  2. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

Hi there, if your looking for something different, try this one from Roger Thorne.
    If you click on the link, you'll go straight to the page for the piece. You can also have a listen to it before you buy it.
  3. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Kirklees Music will be able to supply you with most of the sop solos you're looking for.
  4. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

5. Sopman

Sopman Member

I've bought quite a few pieces from Just Music UK http://www.justmusicuk.com/ in the past. They have a huge catalogue, but I found it better to call them instead of placing the order over the Internet. They can sometimes be a bit slow on delivery, but the amount in the catalogue makes up for it and the prices aren't too bad either......

6. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Whatever you do, steer clear of this one!
  7. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Nice choice Craig, are you playing at your christmas concert, another nice one Demelza from Kirklees music, how you doing mate , have you straitened the bends out of you Courtois, can here you from down here He HE
  8. daveredhead

daveredhead Member

Best piece you ever wrote, i can clear a room after only one play, never been asked to play second time , nice one !!:clap:
  9. MaxPressure

MaxPressure Member

didn't think you needed to play to clear the room :biggrin: :biggrin:
  10. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

If you're looking for something a little bit different, you could always try Pete Meechan's "These Mist Covered Mountains". You'll need a vibraphone and a couple of decent cornet players for the concertante quintet in the full band arrangement though.

It's available from here at the bottom of the page.