Looking to buy a tuba mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Tubafreak, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Tubafreak

Tubafreak New Member

Hi, I'm looking for a mouthpiece to fit an older Besson BBb tuba with the small shank. I'm thinking of a Wick 1 or 2. I'd like used but new is ok if the price is right. The stores I've checked with have a several week wait on new Denis Wick mouthpieces. Drop me an email if you can help, or just want to chat. I'm located in Oregon but wouldn't mind paying shipping from the UK on a used one.
  2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Smaller shank Wicks often appear on eBay.
  3. Tubafreak

Tubafreak New Member

Yes, but no smaller shank Wicks right now. Are there any other manufactures that make mouthpieces to fit an old Besson? Is Besson the only manufacturer that makes smaller receivers or do all UK made BBb tubas use the small shank? I recently aquired the Besson, I aven't played on one since I was 16, I am a Mirafone man! BTW, I have looked all over the net and nobody has any used DW's for sale. I've ordered a DW 2 but Lord only knows when I'll get it.There seems to be a wait on them at all the shops I've found.
  4. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

You could get your local music shop or instrument repair company to mill the mouthpiece shank down , I had a VB 24 which I used for a few years which had a few Mil taken off
  5. Tubafreak

Tubafreak New Member

problem solved

I finaly broke down and ordered a new Denis Wick-2.