Looking forward to watching the new Doctor Who?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by super_sop, Mar 12, 2005.

1. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

7pm, Saturday 26th of March
    Cant wait to see it on TV, its been away for far to long.

Any more fans out there?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Doctor Who
    Bella
    new generations Dr
    people
    new Doctor
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Well I wasn't until I realised it was Christopher Eccleston playing the doctor...he's a brilliant actor!!

I used to love Doctor who tho...the special effects were something else!! I keep catching episodes of it on UK Gold on a sunday morning.

4. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Got to agree with you 2md on that one. Love him in Shallow Grave & 28 Days Later & that programme about him being the "2nd coming" where he held a press conference at Main Road (can't remember what it was called!!!) Definately think he's going to be the best Dr ever!!! No silly long scarves or cricket gear. Something for the ladies!!

5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Is doctor who the one who does all the stuff with animals?

6. super_sop

Oh dear!:eek:
    spose your a little young to know who he is.

Doctor.Who is an alian who travels around in a T.A.R.D.I.S (Time And Relative Dimeinsions In Space) sorting out all sorts of wierd and wonderfull creatures.

The Daleks and Cybermen used to scare the hell out of me!
    the new series is going to be very good indeed, and well worth watching, seems to have a good mixture f humour and action.

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Yes i am.
    Are daleks little robot things that go round saying exterminate exterminate?

8. HBB

HBB Active Member

Yup!

9. super_sop

aye thems the ones.
    damn frightening in there day were the daleks!:redface:

10. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

OK in which case i think i have seen it but i cant remember anything exept daleks going exterminate. How old is it?

11. super_sop

the first series was broadcast in 1963 thats even before i was born!

heres a link to some info on the many doctors

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Doctor Who
    Bella
    new generations Dr
    people
    new Doctor
  13. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

I guess the doctor i will have seen is Paul McGann and that was 1996 so i'd only have been *counts* 4 so yeh i probably wouldnt have been watching it really.

14. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I was always relieved that all 5 (at the time!) of the children could get behind the settee when the daleks came on.

And I've never really gotten over my crush on Sarah Sutton...

15. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

I reckon it's gonna be good. Christoper Ecclestone is indeed a great actor and if Billy Piper is anything like as good as she was in the Canterbury Tales last year it should really be worth watching.

As for the old Doctor Who, despite the long scarf and the jellybaby fixation, Tom Baker was "the" doctor for me - I'm too young to remember the Doctors before him, but the ones after didn't really measure up IMHO. As for the special effects - well they were a lot scarier when I was younger than the are now if I happen to catch a re-run. These days I can see the painted egg boxes and tin foil ;) .

I wonder if the new series has a part for K-9? ;) :biggrin:

16. super_sop

would be good, but sorry to dissapoint he aint in the first one:frown:

17. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Nah, my crush was on that american one...the one who pronounced it "Daacter!" instead of doctor. She was of fairly ample proportions!! :biggrin:

18. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

This Saturday on BBC2 1t 7:30pm is Doctor Who night so for those who are't up to speed or who want to get ready for the new series should watch it

19. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Can't wait!

Christopher Eccleston is an excellent actor, and Russell T. Davies is a great writer who is always interesting, so should be very good!

Not only are the Daleks back, but so are the Autons! They were the villains in the 1st Jon Pertwee story (yes I am that ancient). Very scary!

Who you think was the best Doctor seems to be an age / generation thing. I can just about remember Patrick Throughton, but for me the best Doctors were Jon Pertwee and the early years of Tom Baker.

20. Brian Kelly

For me it was Jo Grant, then Romana 1 and Romana 2.

The publicity says that Rose, played by Billy Piper, is going to be a very diifferent companion to all the previous ones - more fiesty, independent, etc.

Yeah, right.

We've heard that one before.

21. Phoenixhorn

Phoenixhorn Member

Is Sylvester Mccoy going to appear in the opening episode and die or is it going to be Paul Mcgann that dies? if it is that would be a very short life wasted by the doctor.
    Dont forget sylvester died in the 1996 "movie".
    Will be interesting to see the new series.
    Am i right in thinking only 2 of the bad guys will have been seen b4? Daleks and the Manaquin things (cant remeber the name right now).
    Billie Piper is fit and a ok actress as I remember her in the programme Bella and the Boys, (not just because she got naked) :D

22. Brian Kelly

Aparently it is going to start with Christopher Eccleston - no appearance by any previous Doctors, however briefly.

These mannequin things were the Autons.

As it is being broadcast at 7pm on a Saturday night, I very much doubt that Billy Piper will get naked.