Looking forward to my next Sunday Bandstand programme ............

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by ChrisHelme, Mar 20, 2015.

1. ChrisHelme

ChrisHelme Member

Another great show coming up on Sunday - When was the last time you heard Hector Berlioz 'Waverley' Overture, a new quartet Exit Brass with some new sounds and new music, 'Salute to Youth' Gilbert Vinter's wonderful test piece, Darrol Barry's 'Salford Sinfonietta' not a test piece you hear too often, A Ray Farr gem with 'On the Town'. Some great solos Wim Van Boven cornet soloist from the Netherlands a great player from the 70s and Derrick Kane with a euphonium solo and I just do not know how he gets all the notes in - brilliant. A couple of tracks from the National Brass Band of New Zealand 1962 - Jack Heyler's 'Tricky Trombones' and a great cornet solo from Kevin Jarrett MBE - sadly Kevin is not too well these days - please have a look at his Facebook page (Kevin Jarrett MBE) Kevin and his family would be pleased to hear from you. To finish off and this one is for Kevin 'Howard Snell's arrangement of 'Procession to the Minster' 1987 three massed bands in the Royal Albert Hall a fantastic sound - I will be posting the show on this page on Sunday evening / Monday morning.

Two hours of great music... don't miss it.