Looking for Xeno Bb Cornet

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by brownrob, Jul 8, 2008.

1. brownrob

brownrob Member

Title says it all, Im looking to buy a Xeno Bb Cornet in good condition, preferably with no plate wear or scratches/dings.

Please send a PM if interested with a price or reply here!

Thanks!:clap:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    condition
    Im
    plate wear
    Thanks
    Title
  3. robcav

robcav Member

I'm selling one for a friend on ebay, as you know. Sorry we couldn't accommodate you by halting the sale and getting the instrument to you before the weekend but it really was impractical. It's definitely a very nice instrument though so I look forward to your bid.

4. brownrob

brownrob Member

No problems bud! Appreciate the effort :)

5. brownrob

brownrob Member

OK, I think Ive managed to get sorted out with a Prestige instead for £700, dunno if thats good business but needs must! :D

6. BbPat

BbPat New Member

If you're still in the market, I've got a Xeno cornet for sale.

7. brownrob

brownrob Member

Sorry mate, I already got me a Prestige

8. Cornishgal

Cornishgal Member

Are the Xeno really as good as people say they are and are they worth the money and what makes them so good? I only ask as my only experience really is my Soveriegn. It's the bands Cornet but i'm looking to buy my own!!

9. brownrob

brownrob Member

I had a go on one and its brilliant

It depends on the sovereign you have though...

If it has one of those round stamps, with the world isnt it? then those are great cornets, the lottery money late 90's early 00's besson sovereigns were a little hit and miss, but now there are new sovereigns out, made by buffet crampon (you will know as it will say made in france on it!) and in general they are pretty good, much better than the previous sovs

One thing I liked with the xeno compared to the 90's sov was the intonation... which is pretty spot on, older sovs sometimes suffered from dodgy valves, but the new ones seem to have that problem sorted...

then again i may be talking rubbish! Im happy enough with the prestige i got though (very cheap i may add!)

10. Cornishgal

Cornishgal Member

I do fancy getting an instrument of my own it just needs to be the right one as they arn't cheap!! I noticed actually that our principle cornet player has one, i may ask her if i can have a quick blow, or maybe ask in our local trevada or city music!! I'll have a look and hopefully have a go and i'll let anyone in a simular situation know how i got on!!

11. brownrob

brownrob Member

Hmmm a friend has expressed an interest in getting a Xeno Bb but funds are low so cant afford a new one so I guess this is back up again!

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    condition
    Im
    plate wear
    Thanks
    Title
  13. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

I have an unused xeno. Its lovely to play - big fat juicy sounds especially in the lower registers and the tuning is excellent. I`m not selling it though in case I ever get demoted from my beloved flugel. sorry!... Mind you I think most of it is down to the player as I reckon Mr Webster could make the cheapest chinese school cornet (that has seen several years service and been run over at one point by the school bus) sound divine. I had a master class with him once, the man is an absolute genius with a cornet. (He is as funny as Billy Connelly too)sorry I`ll potter off back to the randoms now!

14. smiler44

smiler44 New Member

Hi i have played an old round stamp sovereign for 25 years,tried a Xeno and a prestige not a patch on my old sovereign Honest!

15. I have a Xeno which is by far my favourite instrument! Had a Besson Prestige once and didn't get along with it at all.