Looking For The Wizard - George Allen

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Smid, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Smid

Smid Member

Can anyone help me find out where I can purchase a copy of The Wizard - George Allen.

I've seen it in a compilation of Marches for £65 but dont really want to be spending all that for one march, so any help welcome.

Smid
    07532168693 - jackfieldband@btinternet.com

2. tat

tat Member

3. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Careul that link is for William Rimmer's Wizard - easy mistake to make, and you buy the wrong march - I know Bandsupplies gave me a set once when I'd tried to order the Allen. . .

4. simonium

simonium Member

Is it feasible that you might find another Allen march you would like in the compilation? I would have thought £65 for a handful of (relatively unknown)marches by a man proven to write quality marches would be preferable to paying £20 each for the same hoary old classics that everyone else plays.

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Yes, I just clicked on the link and when it came up I thought "Hang on, this ain't the Wizard that I know" !

~ Mr Wilx

6. damarocto

damarocto Member

Try the brass band archives! !!

7. Smid

Smid Member

Many thanks to all the responses I have had, I am now sorted and very happy chappy.

Again thanks all

8. airzy1

airzy1 New Member

Where did you find them in the end? I am looking for the march aswell but don't want to pay £65 aswell!