Looking for Sibelius

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Ste69, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Ste69

Ste69 Member

Hi all - does anyone have an old copy of Sibelius (perhaps you upgraded) and would be willing to part with it. Am looking for a version to have a tinker around with.

2. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

Just to ensure we keep TMM legal, using a set of disks from a copy which has been upgraded would of course be a licence violation........
  3. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

They offer a trial version.

It gives you a good feel. Because as andywooler said, older upgraded versions are not to be given out. But Sibelius is very friendly. They offer discounts to students, educators and those who work for non-profits (like churches). Even at full price, the new Version 6 is utterly amazing and comes with hundreds of dollars (I am a Yankee) of Garritan Sounds.

Save your pennies and buy it. If you have any talent you will have LOTS of fun. I know I have.

4. cshimmon

cshimmon Member

How do non-profit organisations get a discount? I have only been able to find anything for educators.
  5. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Oh, I haven't looked in years. I got my copy when I was the full-time music minister of a church. I could keep upgrading at a lower rate as long as I was at least half-time. It is (maybe WAS) a generous policy. I may have misspoken -- it might be you have to be part of a religious group. Lots of options like student, teacher discounts, etc. http://www.sibelius.com/shop/upgrades.html I would drop them a note and ask! When you upgrade Sibelius, you enter your serial number and I continue to get a discount.

Finale still has a theological upgrade discount: