Looking for Music Pieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by swisscornet, Mar 4, 2005.

1. swisscornet

swisscornet Member

Hi folks,
    I am looking for an arrangement of the beautiful piece "Song of Peace" (Bartlett / it's on the CD Simple Gifts from YBS). Can anybody help?

I am looking also for an arrangement or a selection from the film "Mary Poppins". Any ideas?

2. Di

Di Active Member

There is a Mary Poppins selection arranged by Denis Wright. If you give me a few more minutes, I'll have a look round to see if I can see where you can get it from. :p

Sorry, I'm struggling on this one. Its in our library, so if I just remember to look tonight who published it.... ;)
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2005
  3. McChambo

McChambo Member

Andy Duncan has made a good arrangement of 'Mary Poppins' tunes.

There's a flugel solo in the middle - 'Let's go fly a kite' - which is really nice when it's played right (apparently).
  4. Borfeo

Borfeo Member

It had the old grannies singing along Jim ;-)
  5. Robin Norman

Robin Norman Member

I can confirm that Andy has completed a 'Symphonic Suite' from Mary Poppins for IMP/Warner Bros. It is at the printers at the moment and I am expecting it to be available for sale mid-late March.

It is also going to be on the new Whitburn Cd "Young at Heart" and the 2005 Warner demo, both due for release in the next couple of weeks.

6. drummerboy

drummerboy Member

Try Richard Philips at SP&S as I believe he did the band arrangement, though I've only done it off manuscript so I don't know if it's available to the public.
  7. swisscornet

swisscornet Member

Thank you all for your help.

I am going to contact the people you suggested.

At the moment, I am looking for an arrangement of "Starlight Express". I've got a recording from the Black Dyke Band (Broadway Brass) from EMI Records. But unfortunately I can't find this or another arrangement. Has anybody any ideas where I can get it from?