Looking for "Intro Theme and Variations" by Rossini arr. Sean Brennan

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ted, Jun 18, 2005.

1. ted

ted Member

Can anyone tell me where I can find this piece of music??
    (I hope it's for sale!)

ted

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

Is this the Paganini variations on a theme by Rossini (... also know as the 'Moses Fantasy') ??

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

If this is the one Steven Mead recorded on "Oration" his repertoire list shows it as published by "Brennan & L.". You could always drop Steven an email.

4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

5. BrassOrigins

BrassOrigins New Member

Hi brassneck,

Sorry to “revive” this thread though it is quite old.

I was more than surprised to find this thread on Google only now….8 years after you posted it.

“Introduction, Theme and Variations” by Rossini has always been available and we have had quite a few customers over the years.
    [FONT=&amp]We first published the piece in 1992, performed it for the first time in 1993 and even played it at the first world congress of the Tuba Association in Birmingham in 1994. On the Ophicleide (!!!) .

[/FONT]This is a recording of an rehearsal for the ’93 programme, on an ophicleide from 1830 and a Kaim Square Piano from 1841:

[FONT=&amp]
    http://www.4shared.com/mp3/Voljv8gk/Rossini_Theme_and_Variations.html

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The one thing we did was to change the business name to [/FONT]Brass Origins which may be the reason why you couldn’t find us.

We are still offering the full version (Intro, Theme, Var.) plus a shortened version, only consisting of “Theme and Variations” ( the version played for example by David Thornton and Black Dyke , the one on “Essential Dyke IV”).

Both versions are available for Solo Euphonium and BB or piano accompaniment.

[FONT=&amp]Have a look at our page on Facebook to find out more.

[/FONT]

Cheers

Brennan&L.