Looking for info on Keith S J Lever?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by AmenAlley, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AmenAlley

AmenAlley New Member

I am currently doing some research for my music studies and would be grateful if anyone could provide me with any information on the great composer, Keith S. J. Lever MBE, MVO, LRAM, LRCM, LRCO.

I understand he has done many great arrangements for brass band particularly distributed in the Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire areas.

I also understand he has a history of being in the military; the Royal Marines I believe. However I have not been able to find out his rank; I think it is either Brigadier or Colonel? I would appreciate any information anyone has.

I have recently listened to a really amazing CD of him conducting the Mossley Band with some really good arrangements of his work. Perhaps someone from Mossley Band will be able to tell me more?

Anyone with any info please PM or put onto this thread. (also anyone who knows what qualification MVO stands for....)

2. DaveR

DaveR Active Member

Isn't he on here as a member? :confused: I can't think what his user name is, although I have a vague recollection of seeing him here. He definitely used to be on the brass band mailing list - I've no idea if he still is. Try mailing on there - you might be able to talk to him directly! :)

MVO = Member of the Royal Victorian Order

EDIT: Yes, thought he was on here. http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/member.php?u=134. He appears not to have logged in for some time though.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  3. IJK

IJK Member

4. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Keith has trouble connecting to tMP as he has TV Internet with NTL which causes him some issues. I have helped him previously, many times.

He visits regularly though.
  5. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

A message from Keith Lever

Keith has difficulty accessing tMP as he has a TV Internet connection and apparantly tMP doesn't display too well using this method. He sent me this message as I am aware a few people have been trying to contact him.

I have no connections to the Royal Marines Band Service and I hold no rank whatsoever, also I do not conduct THE MOSSLEY BAND this honour goes to Mr Duncan Byers, my connection with the Mossley Band is that they have a few arrangements of mine.

Keith Stanley James Lever.
    36, Booth Street, Alvaston, Derby, DE24 8PF

Telephone No. 01332 600845.
    E-Mail address: ksjlever1@cwctv.net
  6. comrademalk

comrademalk New Member

Stop Messin About.....
  7. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I corroborate that, a good friend of mine plays second bone for Mossley (and got a good tongue lashing from Mr Byers just this Monday) :clap: go Unky Dunc
  8. Pookiyama

Pookiyama Member

Keith Stanley James Lever is a legend, the kind of person that one never forgets, even when one tries to. His musical skills are absolutely unique, unlike anything anyone has ever heard, and his arrangements are ubiquitous. Why, he may be a Midlander, but even in London the Salvation Army play arrangements that sound just like his!

I also believe he goes by other names, but I've no idea what those are.
  9. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

I had a post on here... where did it disappear to?? :frown:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.