Looking for guidance for price of Trumpet

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by lone_euph, Sep 8, 2009.

1. lone_euph

lone_euph New Member

I'm looking for some guidance in relation to what the price range of a Yamaha YTR-232 trumpet would be.

I live in South Africa and the only decent instruments you can get hold of are 2nd hand (of which there don't tend to be very many on offer) or imported at exorbitant prices. I know it is a student model instrument and that's all I'm looking for at this point in time as I'm wanting to expand my instrument range (also most likely all my budget can handle).

The guy selling it has asked for an offer. I've done some research on the net and have a general idea of price and am offering R800 (approx. £65). I'm going to have a look at it either this w/e or next but the guy selling it says it's more or less unplayed. I'm willing to pay a fair bit more but I rather err on the side of safety price-wise to start with having not yet seen the instrument.

Assuming the trumpet is near perfect nick, what ought it be worth?

Thanks for your time.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    look
    trumpet
    YTR
    Yamaha
    instruments
  3. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Member

The 232 is an old model but, in my opinion, one in good condition is certainly worth what you're offering and a bit more.
    Up to £100 and you're pretty safe for one in decent condition.
    Good solid student instruments.

4. Vegasbound

Vegasbound Active Member

The newer yanaha's below the 400 series are built in China, so an older one is probably a better buy!

5. lone_euph

lone_euph New Member

Thanks for such a quick response. I'm hoping to meet him on Friday and we're going to negotiate prices then. Thanks again for your help.