Looking for Double Plug Bass Trombone

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by trombo, Mar 22, 2005.

1. trombo

trombo Member

I am currently looking out for a older type double plug bass trombone at aresaonable price. makes i would consider are Conn, Bach, King, Reynolds, Olds, Besson, Boosey and Hawkes and Yamaha. I WOULD PREFER SOMETHING FROM THE1970's or early 1980's. Please pm me with any details.
    Thanking everbody in advance for any help received.

2. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

3. WorldofBrass.com

WorldofBrass.com Active Member

I see Holton is not on the list. However, John Myatts in Hitchin have a Holton 181 at the moment. Although the price suggests it is newer than 70's / early 80's, the actual design dates from that period (standard valves, closed wrap). It's worth speaking to David Fisher as they do turn over secondhand stock quite quickly; www.myatt.co.uk
  4. jpbrass

jpbrass New Member

Double plug bass trombone

I have a Reynalds, fully refurbished and relacquered with original case at £550 plus £15 post & packing. For picture please see the trombone page on my web site www.jpbrass.co.uk

5. trombo

trombo Member

i am coming to look at the Reynolds in early May unless you sell it in the meantime.
    You will probably remember my enquiry a few weeks ago.
    With best regards

6. Exiled_Tyke

Exiled_Tyke New Member

I have a Bach 50b3lg early 90's (closed wrap, large gold bell) £400

It's got a dent in the bell & needs a bit of an over-haul / slide needs laquer cos its not been played for 5/6 years but makes a gorgeous sound

My dad lives in Tod & we are visiting in August...:)
  7. trombo

trombo Member

I am visiting the Fareham/Southampton area in early May and could look at the Bach Bass Trombone then.Please let me know your wherabouts.

I am very interested in this horn, I used to have a Bach before and like them.
    thank you
    PSPrice sounds good.