Looking for Dennis Wick Tenor Horn 2 mouthpiece - best place?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by TheMusicMan, Jan 19, 2011.

1. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi All

Jen (my wife) is getting back into some serious playing after a long period away from the banding scene, and she's now playing Solo Horn in the 1st Section Nationally (championship section locally).

She's currently using a Dennis Wick 3 mouthpeice, and is after a Wick 2.

So, all you experts out there... where's the best place to grab one of these then...? Anyone recommend a supplier...?

She wanted to try one out prior to purchasing but it seems all the local to where we live (South Wales) brass instrument suppliers have been and gone! Maybe online is the best bet.

2. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

3. bob chives

bob chives New Member

Hi i've got a wick 2 for horn, i don't use it any more,so yours if you want it.

4. TheMusicMan

Well that's very nice of you Bob... I shall mention it to Jen and we'll sort something out.

Thanks for this... very kind of you.

Do I know you, Bob... ?

John

5. bob chives

bob chives New Member

Hi John,
    I've been around a few years now and helped out a number of bands, so our paths may have crossed,i'm known as 'Dil' to most people that i know in bands.Can probably drop the mouthpeice off if you decide you want it.
    cheers,
    Dil

6. TheMusicMan

Hi Dil

That's very nice of you - but could I not send you some dosh to pop it in the post to me... would save a journey? Or... are you ever near Cardiff as I work on the outskirts and could come and meet you somewhere on or near one of the M4 junctions if you like...?

John

7. Horn2A

Horn2A New Member

If the above arrangement doesn't work out, I just picked up a brand new Dennis Wick in trevada music in Cross Hands (South Wales). If they don't have in in stock, they get it delivered really quickly from their place in Cornwall. Always excellent when I use them...

8. kingsmessenger

kingsmessenger New Member