Looking for cheap Flugel..

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by angie, Jul 27, 2008.

1. angie

angie Member

Does anybody have a cheap Flugelhorn for sale?

2. How cheap do you want to pay?

3. angie

angie Member

...as cheap as I can get, ideally between £200-300 although I'm not sure if this will get me a pile of rusty pipes or not!

4. DocFox

DocFox Supporting Member

Generally speaking, used flugels are in short supply always. I do not think £300 would get you much.

But with the US dollar trading 1 to 2 to the pound, you might get a bargain close to £600 for a new one. Used ones usually sell for only a few quid less than new ones if the are not "rusty pipes".

If THAT sounds interesting, PM me and perhaps I can help.

Jim

5. TSGrimes

TSGrimes New Member

Look at the advert on 4bars rest for Virtuosi instruments,as they say don't let the price put you off.

6. Cornishgal

Cornishgal Member

Hiya i've got a flugal i'm not exectly sure of the make off the top of my head but i bought it off the internet last year. It hasnt got any dings or scratches and has a case with it. Obviousely it's not a top of the range but it plays okay! The reason why i'm happy to let it go is i'm playing cornet now and i don't ever use it. Let me know if your interested looking for around £200ono

7. GJacko

GJacko Member

Hi Angie

We have a couple of Flug's we've been discussing selling recently. If you drop me a PM with you're email address I'll get back to you in the next couple of days. Just need to wait for our treasurer to return from hols.....tomorrow.

8. Belltrouble

Belltrouble New Member

Search for a Flugel

Hi there!

if your problem in finding a flugel is not solved already,I have an idea:

Mark Carter/Mr.Tuba,Cwmbran,SW which should be in your neighbourhood took my round stamp sovereign flugel with him and it´s still there,mybe this is of interest to you?
    That instrument was rarely used,dents taken out and the third valve trigger is with it ,although not fitted at the moment,if I guess right.Valves were perfect,still using the genuine brass guides,no leaks in the pipework.Valve buttons with mother of pearl inlay,was once laquered.The serial number told that it was manufactured around 1980.

His shop phone:

01633 871 506

cheers,
    Kurt