Looking for band in/near London, on anything from Eb bass to tenor horn

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by mdjh, Feb 25, 2014.

1. mdjh

mdjh New Member

Hi folks, I'm currently living in central London, and looking for a decent regular band to join, on any instrument in the lower band except Bb bass.

I'm a fairly good sight-reader and have previously played in bands from 4th to Champ sections (L&SC) over the past 10 or so years. Am primarily a bass trombone player, but also play a bit of Eb bass and euph/baritone, also very happy to give tenor horn a go if there's a suitable seat needs filling.

Cheers, look forward to hearing from you,

2. bassendworld

bassendworld Member

Hi Marlow band although 40 mins west would give you a warm welcome, no contests here just high quality engagements. Rehearsals mondays.
    See our websire for more info or pm on here if you are interested.
    Www.marlowtownband.co.uk
    Cheers
    Ian

3. Martin

Martin Member

Hi mdjh

Regent Community Brass are looking for a Bass Trombone. Whilst they are a contesting band, currently towards the top of the 4th Section, they are primarily a community concert band and involve themselves in engagements around the local area.

They rehearse on a Tuesday evening, 8 - 10, at the Church of the Ascension which is situated on The Avenue, about 10 minutes walk from Preston Road tube station. Let me know by PM if you are interested and I will put you in contact with the band manager.

Regards

Martin

4. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Member

Hi Harlow Band could do with an extra EEb Bass player, we have 2 but we have no regular BBb Bass players so we can accommodate 3 EEb Basses

www.harlowbrassband.co.uk

Rehearsal 1 night a week Thursday 8-10pm

It would be good to see you

Chris (MD)

5. cockaigne

cockaigne Member

The band I conduct - Epsom & Ewell Silver Band - currently have a vacancy for a tenor horn. The band rehearses on Monday and Wednesday evenings at Horton Country Park, near Epsom (the train to Ewell West station takes half an hour from Waterloo); we are a friendly bunch who have fun at rehearsals, but also put in a good deal of hard work.

The band had a good year last year (runner-up at the areas - 2nd section - and 6th at the nationals) and are looking to build on that success in 2014. If you fancy coming down for a blow, drop me a message or contact the band via the website. Thanks :)

6. Matthew

Matthew Active Member

That's because BBb Bass is the hardest instrument to play. ;) :bounce

7. mdjh

mdjh New Member

Hehe, certainly seems so in my experience!! ;-)

8. chill

chill Member

9. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

Oxted Band have a vacancy for Bass Trom - I know it was my seat. The band rehearse in Hurst Green, Surrey which is right by Hurst Green Station (fast line to Victoria or London Bridge). It's a lovely band, they are really friendly....I only left as I moved away from the area.

http://www.oxtedband.co.uk/home

10. mdjh

mdjh New Member

Hi Basstiger, thanks for the tip-off, will definitely look into that!

Cheers,

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    sight-reader
    anything
    Eb
    bass
    band