Looking for an Arranger

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Bride2B, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Bride2B

Bride2B New Member

Hi tMPers,
    Hope it's OK for non-players to post on this forum.
    I've booked a brass band to play for my (civil ceremony) wedding in June, and found a lovely piece of music which is at present arranged for organ and violin. The brass band we have booked don't have an in-house arranger. They're 18-20 piece and seem to be of a good standard. The composer has provided me with a PDF copy of the music and is happy for it to be arranged for brass band. It's in D? major (2 sharps), don't know whether this is a brass friendly key? Not particularly long - approx 3 mins but that includes a few repetitions and d.c. al coda etc - and not complicated.
    Does anyone know of a brass band arranger who would be able to help with this? (For a fee, obviously!).
    Here's hoping ...
    Thanks all.
    Helen
    :)

2. trombone-john

trombone-john Member

Try Thirteen Ball, he's a whizz with stuff like this!

3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

I can do that for you if you like - send me a PM

4. Bride2B

Bride2B New Member

Thank you for the responses.
    MoominDave has stepped into the breach and translated the poetry of Norwejian fijjords into the language of brass. Eb major - lovely key!
    Bye for now.
    Helen

5. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

No problem, glad to help! Thought the band would be happier in concert Db than D...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice