Looking for a Tenor Horn Tutor

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by kate_the_horn, Jun 18, 2004.

1. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

hey, im looking for a tenor horn tutor in and around the lostock area, the last exam i took was grade 6 distinction, and i am willing to work very hard to get my grade 8, as soon as possible

kelly xx
  2. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

I know he's a bit far away, but you could try Paul Andrews in Warrington. He's too scary for me but you might get on better with him...
  3. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

does he work you hard?

and i know it seems strange but i'd prefer a female!

lol (i know, i know!!)

kell x
  4. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

Umm... why????
  5. Okiedokie of Oz

Okiedokie of Oz Active Member

At the level you want to work at, you need a cranky, bossy, domineering male to yell at you on a weekly basis. A soothing voice, a gentle hand and a few kind words won't get the job done.
  6. grandfilth

grandfilth Member

where is lostock??!!!!
  7. Okiedokie of Oz

Somewhere South of Hi-stock?????? :lol:
  8. flugelgal

flugelgal Active Member

You're quite right, Chris. We all need a good kick up the behind now and again! :D
  9. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

yeh i agree wiv everyone, but where do i start looking?

and will a horn tutor (rather than a other instrumebtal teacher) be good for me?

any ideas?

and lostock is near northwich,on the way to manchester (read a map)
  10. Horace

Horace Member

If you can get to manchester easily enough then I would definitely consider contacting Lesley Howie. I travel down from Durham for lessons and she is a really great teacher! And a nice person too! Or contact any horn player with one of the top bands around there, would have thought they all give private tuition.
  11. T-Horn

T-Horn Member

Hi Kate, if u want send me a PM or next time ur on msn ask me for leslie Howie's number. I'm sure she won't mind me giving it to you. She's an excelent horn tutor and will work you VERY hard. :!: :D
  12. Okiedokie of Oz

13. Horace

Horace Member

Too true! :D