Looking for a slow melody for Eb Bass

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by johnmartin, Feb 3, 2004.

1. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Can anyone recommend a good slow melody for Eb Bass with piano accompaniment. I was thinking of Danny Boy (Londonderry Air) but I can't find an arrangement for Eb bass and piano.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Eb
    Eb Bass
    Danny Boy
    Londonderry Air
    good slow melody
  3. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Mr Sykes trademark - Ave Maria (Schubert)
    Am sure it's available, in one arrangement or other..

4. carlwoodman

carlwoodman Member

I have used Hauterive (Ameller) (I believe only available in bass clef),
    To a Wild Rose (Macdowell arr. Blaauw), Apres un Reve (is that Ravel?) and Liebesleid (Kreisler arr. Sheridan).
    Some of the stuff I've used is not necessarily arranged for Eb Bass or even tuba but for other brass instruments so I've had to be careful as regards register etc.
    In Salvation Army repertoire I have used Someone Cares and Prayer of Childhood.

5. Highams

Highams Member

6. James McFadyen

James McFadyen New Member

Bit of an oxymoron that - Melody and Eb Bass! :wink: Only kiddin'

I've been working on an Eb Bass solo, but it ain't slow.

7. Steve Marcus

Steve Marcus Member

I played an arrangement for tuba and piano of Chopin's Nocturne in E-flat Major, Op. 9, No. 2, for the 2001 NABBA Slow Melody Competition. The range from EEb (pedal Eb) to eb1 (eb above middle C on the piano) fits very well for Eb Bass. The edition is written in bass clef at concert pitch, rather than treble clef.

You can order the music by clicking here.

8. Pla

Pla New Member

Danny Boy- I really like that one aswell. I got a copy from Patrick Sheridan's website for Eb Bass and piano. It also has the solo part transposed for you for Bass in C, and Bb- treble clef and Bass clef!

http://www.patricksheridan.com/sheetmusic1.cfm/hurl/id=1/

I played it for my Higher Music last year- me and my teacher both liked it. Simple but nice. If you to decide to get it, the service was great aswell- here from America within 5 days!

hope that's helpful.

9. What about "Send in the Clowns" (Sondheim). I've already made and published an arrangement for Eb Bass and Band that is available from Crabtree Music.

The Piano Accompaniment version will be available very soon.

10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

One of our Eb basses recently played Stephen Roberts Eb tenor horn version of Carrickfergus at a solo contest and won!

I have to say she is a wonderful player and really played it well. Is that OK darling wife, can I have some dinner now please